Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Are you using the original charger?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still having trouble?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes I use the Samsung charger, not that it would make any difference.. my s7 charger died and I used an Anker charger for 18 months no problem so I really don't see how that could even vaguely be deemed to be a fix ... 

Secondly yes, it won't hold a charge for half a day and my wife has an s2 as well so I tried her charger and no different and today... hers has stopped holding its charge and hers is a year younger

Supernova

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Can you send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit?

Astronaut

I just purchased the Galaxy Tab S2 myself about 2 weeks ago and used it, loved it, loved the battery life and all. I did the updates as well and now this thing is trash. I close the cover with 90%+ of battery life when I go to bed. I later go to use the tablet around 11AM or so the next day and it's at 30% or less! 

I even have this thing in battery saving mode and I can barely get 2-4 hours of battery from basic browsing and a few videos here and there. But the battery usage app is not showing what is eating these resources when being used or in sleep mode.

What is the deal here? How has this been a known issue for several months but still has yet to be addressed properly? 

Constellation

I have 2 Samsung Tabs 

1 x Samsung s2 8 which takes a age to charge if I don' turn the power off completly and uses power at a rate of knots approx 2 mins each percent of battery.

1 x Samsung TabA 8 This shuts down at  less than 75% battery and also does not not hold charge well.

These used to be so good tablets.  please don't ask me to factory reset I've done all that and still no good. I am of the oppinion that Samsung may have made a bad update and i hope its not like Apple did purposely to make you buy anotjer unit, sorry for this negative comment but you dont seem to be helping anyone or even listening because with all the issues people are having Samsung dont appear to be too concerned at getting to the root cause

I just feel used and let down by Samsung I have another 12 months to pay for my Tab s2 8 and it' now virtually unusable.

David Kirton

Karting111@hotmail.com

Supernova

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

Constellation

I find it disgraceful that all sumsung can come back with is "have you tried a factory reset?" 

Firstly, no

Secondly, thats because I don't want to loose everything I have saved on my device.

Thirdly, a generic answer such as that deserves a sarcastic comment such as "why didn't I think of the most obvious answer ever?"

My tab 2 is less than 2 years old. I use it maybe, on average an hour a day. Probably less. And in that time, after 2 days i have a battery that goes from 100% to less than 30% with everything else drained while sleeping. For something i paid a good sum of money for, I am seething at the recent devekopment.

Samsung Moderator

Customers come to us for assistance.  That's something that has worked multiple times.  We just offer suggestions, you're welcome to do what you see fit with your devices.  

Constellation

The problem is none of the suggestions are helping anyone on this forum.  I would imagine most on here have already tried the obvious reset, etc.. to correct the behavior.  Can you acknowledge that Samsung is aware that the update is the cause of the battery drain issue?

My Tab S2 is only 10 months old and because I bought it from a retailer on eBay, Samsung staff has informed me the warranty is void.