Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

[ Edited ]

I took my tab s2 off charge at about 5pm , spent the evening browsing and using Amazon , no videos etc and I've come to bed at 10.30 and it's on 1%, pathetic,  it used to have brilliant battery life then guess what changed ..the update ..nothing else just the update ,

Stop with standard responses and just admit the update is at fault and just fix it, resets aren't working and loads of people on here have told you what the problem is so listen and do something about, I'm sure that me and a lot of other people will be in the market for a new tablet and thanks to your treatment of those people I don't think those next purchases will be samsung ... 

Constellation

I'm having the same issues. I have also noticed it getting really hot when charging and off the charger on the bottom by the home button. I have a Tab S2 9.7 and it works fine. It's the Tab S2 8 that is having barely 3 hours of life. 

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

My Tab S2 now has 4 hours of real battery life. It sucks  I just found this forum and see that I am not alone in this issue. Last samsung product I buy based on the response I'm seeing here. Goodbye Samsung. 

Constellation

Yeah mine is now unbearable and I like the fact that a moderator will edit a post because of a minor swear word but do nothing about resolving our problems,  4 hours just browsing and mine is dead no YouTube etc ..pathetic , I'm buying a zenpad and this picture frame is going to Cex....and such an easy fix, let us downgrade to marshmallow or do an update, if this is someone's stupid idea to get people to upgrade then it's a crazy plan cos no one is going to buy a newer samsung when you've been so helpful fixing this one ...NOT....

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I may have found a solution.  I made the following change in settings and it seems to work for me. Can someone else try this and share whether it works?

Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > While charging

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Another dissatisfied customer.  Went on a train journey expecting usual battery life and was left without the power for the assistance I needed

How do I roll back the update ?

Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately, updates cannot be rolled back. 

Constellation

So,  what are you doing about it ?   are yu working on a fix ?

Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding upcoming updates. I am sure that they are working on a fix.