Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Basically, samsung doesnt care. Nobody is trying to fix it. Were just left with stupid devices now that you can barely use. 

Weve all been complaining for half a year now and all they can say is we do not have any information. 

I used to love my s2. Just gonna go back to ipads now which is atleast more reliable. 

Constellation

There is an easy solution to this issue.

My Galaxy Tab S2 seems to connect to wifi even when it’s in “sleep” mode because I can tell my apps are being updated overnight, using battery power.  

Using the simple steps below, you can let the tablet connect to wifi and update apps while in “sleep mode” only if it’s connected to a charger. This way, the battery won’t be used while the tablet is in “sleep” mode.  I think this is similar to how iPad works.

Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > While charging

Constellation

I have a tab s2 10.

Have not seen any of the issues you are referring to.

My unit is WiFi only and abnout 14 months old.

What update did you receive?

I have not received an update for a few months.

I do have an app called 3c battery monitor.

With it you can see how quickly your devices charges and discharges.

Mine charges at 12-24%/hour.

And discharges about 12%/hour during use.

Constellation

Tried the fix that userfkMYp2YKi6 posted above and I can confirm it does stop the battery drain whilst my 8 inch S2 is not being used.  So thanks very much for posting that fix.  Smiley Happy 

But.... during use the battery usage is still very high.. just basic surfing and watching Netflix the tablet drains very quickly... I do think it's something to do with WI-FI, as if I watch a downloaded movie with wi-fi on the tablet will drain to about 25 percent in 2 to 3 hours use.  If I turn off wi-fi it is about 65 percent. 

It definitely needs a fix... I tried the total restore and it made no difference at all..... which I didn't  think for a second it would...

Constellation

Hello same problem here with a new sm-t713 ( tab s2 8.0 )

with the fix that userfkMYp2YKi6 posted the tab only lost 2-3%  in 10h in sleep mode

But in use ( tv app for exemple ) it lost 10% in 30 minutes  

:-(

any tip or patch

can I hope for more? 

or is it normal?

otherwise I just bought it. I return it to the seller against reimbursement.

Best regards , Stephane

Constellation

Add me to the list of frustrated S2 9.7 owners.  Same issue, been watching forums for months for a fix.  Extreme battery drain while in use with basic web browsing and email, mixed with a few looks at facebook.  All this after the nougat update.  Prior to update, same activities and I could go days without charging.  Immediately after update I can barely make it through an evening.  

I've master reset, have just basic apps, so frustrating. Called sam ung several times and won' help since out of warranty.  

Astronaut

Add me to this growing list of frustrated Tab S2 users. I have a S2 9.7 that went through an update and the battery life drains extremely fast now. Even though i am using the same pattern of use.

I used to be able to set it aside for days and have it maybe drain 5-10% a day. Not go from 100%- below 30% over night. I've also tried all the methods you guys have done as well - resetting, turning off all apps nightly with wifi off and airplane mode on. You name it, i did it.  Besides smashing it against a wall.

I am glad i read this forum as I don't feel as alone and its feeling more and more intentional to buy new products from Samsung and looking towards a class action lawsuit. Half a year and no resolution, shame.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Just replaced the battery hoping something would get fixed. Not even close. Charges to 74% only and then overnight it drains even while it's off. What is going on? Warranty just finished couple weeks ago. I'm frustrated. I'm not going to spend another $300 on a new one. Fix this now!!!!

Constellation

I'm experiencing the same with the tab s2 8. Very frustrating. I have changed all the settings to reduce drainage, deleted any apps i suspected of causing a leak. I also regularly have the tab going in to boot loops when dropping below 15%/20% and only charging will stop this. This means I get even less time from a full charge. Somethings not right

Supernova

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.