HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

I feel even worse. Have been purchasing Samsung TVs and Home Theater products exclusively for over 10 years and currently have a KS8000 and 8500, as well as 3 other sets (2 older 1 newer). I feel cheated for supporting a company so loyally only to be deceived in terms of future hopes for my porducts.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I feel you; I've been calling Samung every week since June trying to figure this thing out and they finally get back to me only to tell me that they never announced the HDR10+ update. So not only are they belittling me, they are also outright lying; very dissapointed and frustrated by Samsung.

I will not be buying Samsung ever again, period. I will look into taking them to court as well, I have a few laywer friends and they think I have an easy case here. Thankfully I screenshotted the announcement before they took it down from their website.

Constellation

they told you they never announced an update? well...its very interesting. Can someone from Samsung support can clear this up? are we getting update or not?

Astronaut

I would like to know as well since I have the ks8000 to and is very disappointed. This was my first time going into a Samsung brand and I will never buy a new product from them if they do this! 

Highlighted
Constellation

New update for KS series was just released!!!

can anyone try some HDR10+ content on Amazon and check out is it working?

Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I just checked but Im only seeing the last Firmwire update is from April 2018 1220

Constellation

The update has only been released in the UK so far. We should get it in America soon. 

Constellation

i have installed this update, because im live in Russia and update is available here, but i cant test any hdr10+ content, because i dont have a Prime subscription or HDR10+ videos to test on my TV. I called Samsung support and asked them about whats new in this upgrade and im asked if HDR10+ added. They told me - updates dont alter or add new features in TV and they know nothing about HDR10+. And also they told me all updates just fixing previous bugs and nothing more. Can you comment or elaborate on that? thank you!

Astronaut

can you send me the screenshot please 

email is czesaksimon@gmail.com