Hidden Apps Disappear from Hide Apps Menu: Galaxy S8

Constellation

Hidden Apps Disappear from Hide Apps Menu: Galaxy S8

After a new software update (G950FXXU4CRK1), when I hide an app and later try to unhide it, I can't find the app in the Hide Apps Menu (Apps Drawer -> Triple Dot Button -> Home Screen Settings -> Hide Apps) anymore. The apps disappear completely and I can only unhide them after restarting my phone. Please help.

11 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Hidden Apps Disappear from Hide Apps Menu: Galaxy S8

Give this a try and let me know if you need further assistance.

Constellation

Hi,

I can successfully hide an app. But once I return to the Show/Hide menu to unhide it, I can't find the app over there. For example, lets say I hide Twitter. After doing so, it not only disappears from my home screen but it also disappears from the Show/Hide menu. So once I hide it, I can never unhide it. If you can give me an email, I can send screenshots.

Samsung Moderator

You can send an e-mail to smsupport@sea.samsung.com.

Samsung Moderator

Please put the conversation number 26560531 as the subject.

Samsung Moderator

Hey, just checking in with you. Please send those photos as soon as you have an opportunity.

Constellation

Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I just sent an email to smsupport@sea.samsung.com. Hope you can help.

Samsung Moderator

I apologize we haven't received the e-mail yet. Could please try resending it to smsupport@sea.samsung.com?

Constellation

Hi,

There's some problem with the email. Please find the pictures in the below dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/osekckj1oupqnip/AABGirMv7Vu0ttfRDYdpT8gca?dl=0

In picture 1, you can see the Twitter app. In picture 2, I proceed to hide it. In picture 3, its hidden. In picture 4, when I go to unhide it, I can't find it in the first place. 

Thanks

Samsung Moderator

What happens when you go to unhide the app and you search for it in the search bar at the top?