My unlocked samsung Glaxay S8+ doesn't update

Highlighted
Constellation

My unlocked samsung Glaxay S8+ doesn't update

Hi

I have purchased an unlocked S8+ directly from samsung.com U.S store. Recently I have moved to the UK. I am trying to update my device but every time I tap on the update, it replies me that I have the latest software installed in my device.

I have even plugged my device into my laptop and used SmartSwitch and still I do not see anything. I gave a last try using couple of VPN server to mimic my device as if I am in U.S but still no luck.

Can you please advice me on how am I supposed to update my device to Oreo.

Thanks

Sajid

See more topics labeled with:

12 REPLIES

Re: My unlocked samsung Glaxay S8+ doesn't update

at least in the u.s., oreo is not officially release for any samsung devices. only beta is out which i believe that is even ended.

Constellation

Thank you for the update. I was curious because I saw my wife's phone was updated to Android Oreo. Is there any official date when the updates will be pushed for U.S models?

Thanks

Again

Cosmic Ray

@user7c0qHsEbl4

There is no official release date but I wouldn't say you'd have to wait too long considering Sprint just released Oreo officially today on S8/S8+. I'd speculate that we might have it by Monday but that's just my speculation. 

Constellation

Hi can anyone help me, I recently bought a AT&T unlocked variant and I'm trying to update my software it's still stuck in BQJA while the AT&T websites I'm back by 3 security patches...😔..Please help me

Asteroid

Hang in there for one more week everything may be fine Smiley Wink

Constellation

But I thought the point of buying unlocked phone is to get the update faster than a carrier phone.

Constellation

Exactly! Finally someone who shares the same issue
Constellation

Exactly that was my point of buying an unlocked phone, to get updates faster, but now I guess I need to ditch this phone and stick to devices powered by Android One or Google Pixel

moe
Galaxy

Speculated to release tomorrow. Hopefully, it's true.