New software update has messed up my phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

New software update has messed up my phone.

About a couple days after the new software update came across my note 8, my note 8 has been turning off completely when I set my phone and it goes to sleep. I have not had this phone but for a couple of months. I have take the steps needed to try to resolved this problem, but it seems that no one is able to resolve it. My phone is still under warranty but because of a small crack on the phone screen I'm am not able to get a replacement. The screen was damaged 2 weeks prior to the software malfunction on my phone. The screen was damaged thru the tempered glass that I purchased through my phone provided. When trying to get the screen replaced the company that provided the tempered glass was not able to replace my phone screen but instead provided me with 2 items of my choice and a new tempered glass screen. All I want is my phone to work properly like it use to. I have always enjoyed samsung products as we have many in our home as well and this is the first incident that I came across with a samsung device. In not asking for a new device but only to have the one I have fixed with having to be charged for something that did not occur because of myself.

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: New software update has messed up my phone.

I am sorry to hear this. Does the phone power off if you run it in safe mode? 

Samsung Moderator

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @userPE5BDXXcAU. Were you able to get your device to run in Safe Mode?

If you need help with anything else, please let me know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Similar thing happened to me recently. Looks like some software update basiclly reset my phone. I've lost my music player app and my phone call log has been deleted. All my newer apps like Whatsapp behaved liked they were just instaled an prompted me for login details. Very stragne and intrusive. 

I'm going to look into disabling automatic software updated. I don't need thing like one note, excell or other office apps for example.