No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

Asteroid

Re: No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

It's been roughly two weeks since I posted on this subject, and I don't want Samsung to think this is going to just go away, there's still a lot of us that are unhappy about this change and they should seriously think about fixing this, I see that this subject has gotten some press STORY  which is a good thing but still as I stated above, I don't want this to die and be forgotten so I'm just giving it a bump up. Smiley Wink

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I know i don't want this issue to die either, I read that story let's Hope they finally got the Message to get this restored if not we still be Heard and give up the fight

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Personalized text message tones note 8

I called Samsung as well and I was told that they have been flooded with complaints about this particular feature.  Evidently, Oreo update disabled this feature and it should be enabled at the next update...however, customer service could not tell me when that would be. 

Asteroid

Re: Personalized text message tones note 8

Just sent another message to the link
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung, bring back the individual message tones...NOW!!!!!!---PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Samsung's Oreo Update killed this feature!!!

Samsung, bring back the individual message tones...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The individual message tones are ESSENTIAL to prioritize timely responses (e.g. work, family, friends, and so on).

For Samsung to think that they can surreptitiously remove this feature without consequences is an affront to its customer base. Whoever approved this move should be fired!!!!

We should all change over to iPhones. Apple will be happy to welcome hundreds of thousands of new customers. This will hit Samsung where it hurts the most!!! If it is not broken do not fix it!!!!!

This still does not change the fact that Samsung was surreptitious in removing the feature of assigning individual sms/text ring tones to all contacts. When companies like Samsung govern themselves with this level of impunity, they are banking that people will just roll over and go with it (i.e. go with it or spend more money on a 3rd party app). Well I say NO!!! There is power in numbers and if enough people complain and move over to Apple or other brands this will undoubtedly cause Samsung punitive damages - which is the point! 

We spend close to $1000 dollars (perhaps more) on a phone, get used to a functionality that has been considered standard for Samsung, and out of no where it gets taken away? No market research, no customer surveys, nothing; and to add insult to injury, just drive over to WalMart or Target and their $100 dollar phones have this function!!! Seriously???

Please call/text EVERYONE you know that has been affected by this and SIGN THE PETITION!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :-)

Constellation

Same here!!! Please change it back!!!

Asteroid

Let's hope they do quickly, they have too know this spreading like wild fire!! something is going to have to give eventually we want this feature back along with some newer tones

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungViv

Why are you editing my posts? Why are you removing the petition link on change.org? Why are you a willing participant in a futile attempt to suppress something of your own company's doing? 

Instead of spending your time and effort redacting what is posted on here, why don't you spend your time and effort contributing to finding a solution for Samsung's #EPICFAIL of removing the customized SMS ringtones???

Cosmic Ray

Samsung's Oreo Update killed this feature!!!

Samsung, bring back the individual message tones...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The individual message tones are ESSENTIAL to prioritize timely responses (e.g. work, family, friends, and so on).

For Samsung to think that they can surreptitiously remove this feature without consequences is an affront to its customer base. Whoever approved this move should be fired!!!!

We should all change over to iPhones. Apple will be happy to welcome hundreds of thousands of new customers. This will hit Samsung where it hurts the most!!! If it is not broken do not fix it!!!!! https://www.change.org/p/samsung-bring-back-the-individual-message-tones-now

When companies like Samsung govern themselves with this level of impunity, they are banking that people will just roll over and go with it (i.e. go with it or spend more money on a 3rd party app). Well I say NO!!! There is power in numbers and if enough people complain and move over to Apple or other brands this will undoubtedly cause Samsung punitive damages - which is the point! 

We spend close to $1000 dollars (perhaps more) on a phone, get used to a functionality that has been considered standard for Samsung, and out of no where it gets taken away? No market research, no customer surveys, nothing; and to add insult to injury, just drive over to WalMart or Target and their $100 dollar phones have this function!!! Seriously???

Please call/text EVERYONE you know that has been affected by this and SIGN THE PETITION!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :-)

Asteroid

we all want this feature back God willing But untill they have some sort of solution we are in a pickle. I would love to have the tones restored tonight if it was possible But we don't have that Power, Let's hope this wakes them up enough to bring the feature Back and leave it alone!!