No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

Asteroid

Re: No longer able to customize notifications

i believe it the mods don't care  not one has said anything about this and it's bad!!

Cosmic Ray

Please do not give up!!! We have to keep pushing! They will break! We have to become that little drop of water that lands 
on them every second. They will succumb to it, but we must keep pressing the issue and holding them to task!!!
Constellation

Re: No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

BRING. IT. BACK. 

AND GET RID OF CHAT BUBBLES FOR TEXTS. 

Asteroid

the chta bubbles don't bother me I like those, but as far as the other goes yes bring it back!!    

Highlighted
Asteroid

I won't but as of now i   want too see what Samsung says about all this and if they do return the feature that was very popular!!

Asteroid

The most recent responses I am receiving are back to saying its an android change and they don't have control over that.  Which first of all is ridiculous, and second of all if thats the case then why can 3rd party apps do it, but the stock messages app can't?  

Asteroid

had anyone seen reports from other android users (pixel, LG, etc.) about this?  My understanding was that pixel for example didnt have this issue, but maybe becuase its straight google so they use google apps directly.  I know there was a lot of flak coming from Verizon users.  I can't find anything device specific outside of samsung.

Astronaut

Yes. VERY ANNOYED. Pay attention to your client base Samsung!! At 12K+ Posting I think you have to SERIOUSLY re-think this one

Constellation

[ Edited ]

So the only reason I even bothered to come write something is because I was looking at a facebook page related to this topic. I saw a post by someone there that was blocked from here by a mod named Trevor. The user is SckvkqejI3. 

So according to the post on Fb, the aforementioned user was blocked for $pam.

I looked up $pam:noun1. irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

So a person posts very pertinent information the same as everyone else here and then gets blocked by a mod? If that is the case then everyone on here complaining should also be blocked. 

Bottom line is, tens of thousands of people are upset - myself included. Yet the only response from a mod is to edit and block people? 

I have scoured this thread a bit and have yet to find a mod addressing the problem everyone is posting about. I don't know about you but this is very wrong. 

I hope Samsung pays heed to this latest and greatest fiasco. Eventually, and if Samsung does not grab this bull by the horns,  the great explosive Note 7 fiasco will fail in comparison to this gargantuan one snowballing out of control. 

Astronaut

I contacted Samsung RE: individual SMS tones per contact gone after update.Theysaid,"we're working on that."

Just had another "update," and the issue is not resolved. So far in my life I have hated Apple products, but they are looking better every day.