No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

Re: No longer able to customize notifications

They better return it, 100 pages of the samething for the past what 4 weeks and Not one Mod or anyone from samsung has said anything to address this

Asteroid

I went to the Samsung Support page on FB and sent them several messages about it.... I recommend EVERYONE do that who is complaining about this... Flood their tech support with messages, so they can't ignore it!

@uservlOsMUB39u

The mods do show up but it is to either redact or delete posts. They have done both with my posts. In earnest, what can they really say? The dotard who gave the green light to delete all of the features in question (i.e. individual custom text notification, badge counters, email, and so on) is very high up on the food chain and the mods are very far removed from this tier. They spew scripts or say as they are told. 

It is very interesting that many users on here are just willing to roll over and cave to the boilerplate response from Samsung support: "use a third party app." As I have mentioned before, different strokes for different folks. 

I can not overstate the importance of signing the petition. If the 1000 + users that have expressed their disdain for this move would sign the petition, we would be that much closer to a fix. Please go to change dot org and sign. Please have your friends, family, and anyone else sign as well. Thanks! 

[ Edited ]

Samsung's Oreo Update killed this feature!!!

Samsung, bring back the individual message tones...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The individual message tones are ESSENTIAL to prioritize timely responses (e.g. work, family, friends, and so on).

For Samsung to think that they can surreptitiously remove this feature without consequences is an affront to its customer base. Whoever approved this move should be fired!!!!We should all change over to iPhones. Apple will be happy to welcome hundreds of thousands of new customers. This will hit Samsung where it hurts the most!!! If it is not broken do not fix it!!!!!

When companies like Samsung govern themselves with this level of impunity, they are banking that people will just roll over and go with it (i.e. go with it or spend more money on a 3rd party app). Well I say NO!!! There is power in numbers and if enough people complain and move over to Apple or other brands this will undoubtedly cause Samsung punitive damages - which is the point! 

We spend close to $1000 dollars (perhaps more) on a phone, get used to a functionality that has been considered standard for Samsung, and out of no where it gets taken away? No market research, no customer surveys, nothing; and to add insult to injury, just drive over to WalMart or Target and their $100 dollar phones have this function!!! Seriously???

Please call/text EVERYONE you know that has been affected by this and SIGN THE PETITION!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :-)

i have too been to the FB page but you get the same round as you do on their twitter page for which I blasted them Big time for this as are many others!! Samsung Could careless what we say if they did the feature would still be here and we wouldn't be sitting here complaining!! If samsung was smart they would come out and say this what we did and how we are fixing it

i believe it the mods don't care  not one has said anything about this and it's bad!!

Please do not give up!!! We have to keep pushing! They will break! We have to become that little drop of water that lands 
on them every second. They will succumb to it, but we must keep pressing the issue and holding them to task!!!
Constellation

Re: No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

BRING. IT. BACK. 

AND GET RID OF CHAT BUBBLES FOR TEXTS. 

Re: No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

the chta bubbles don't bother me I like those, but as far as the other goes yes bring it back!!    

Highlighted

I won't but as of now i   want too see what Samsung says about all this and if they do return the feature that was very popular!!