No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

Re: Note 8 message notification sound is not working

[ Edited ]

I've never seen this before but I just had an Ad pop up on my phone promoting the s9.  Thats my last straw, I am going back to iPhone when this term is up.   I hate their walled garden but at least I have every feature I care about and none of this AND they actually respond to issues and help resolve them.

Highlighted

Re: Note 8 message notification sound is not working

@userfBGSsCd4Me wrote:

I've never seen this before but I just had an Ad pop up on my phone promoting the s9.  Thats my last straw, I am going back to iPhone when this term is up.   I hate their walled garden but at least I have every feature I care about and none of this BS AND they actually respond to issues and help resolve them.

I hate Apple snobishness,  but I can understand.  This situation has put me off anything carrying Samsung name and I'm letting everyone know their attitude to the consumers.  "Who cares? We have your money!"

Asteroid

Re: Change text message contact specific notification sound

Its been well over s month & another update occured not fixing the features that were taken away. Please get on fixing these issues.. so i dont have to go back to the iphone. 

Constellation

This has been the absolute worse update. I switched over from iPhone to Samsung because of the elitist and snobbiness of most users. I didn't want to inadvertently drink the kool-aid, but I'm now considering going back. There is NO WAY I'm getting the s9. And I will discourage anyone from doing so.

Does Samsung even listen to their customers???? FIX THIS!!!

Asteroid

Re: S8 custom text notification sound missing after Oreo update

I'm so p*ssed as well... If I wanted an apple I'd buy an apple!! I want my oreo gone for this reason... Come on Samsung/Google.. Whoever.... Bring my notification tones back. .. GeeZus 👿😈👿

@user9soe3r6dBy wrote:

Its been well over s month & another update occured not fixing the features that were taken away. Please get on fixing these issues.. so i dont have to go back to the iphone. 

I hear you Loud and Clear But Samsung is Totally Ignoring this issue they haven't been In here giving us updates as to when the feature is being brought Back and all you get from their "feedback" people is they are just the trouble shooters I get that but at least give us something too work with here People!! when in heaven's name is going to be resolved Samsung the ball is in your court!!

Astronaut

Re: No longer able to customize SMS ringtones after 8.0 update

Just talked to a representative and he said with the 8.1 update, this option would be available, no date available though. This is definitely a deal breaker for me also.

Dont take things away with update, just make them better!

Maybe they should ask the customers before removing something that people have used for years!  

I hope we dont have to wait very much longer for this to be fixed!

(I might as well go back to a flip phone!)

VERY UNHAPPY SAMSUNG CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!

Astronaut

Had my first update this morning since they took away my notification sounds. Was hoping it was going to fix it but NO!

[ Edited ]

@userTvxvihm9T8 wrote:

Just talked to a representative and he said with the 8.1 update, this option would be available, no date available though. This is definitely a deal breaker for me also.

Dont take things away with update, just make them better!

Maybe they should ask the customers before removing something that people have used for years!  

I hope we dont have to wait very much longer for this to be fixed!

(I might as well go back to a flip phone!)

VERY UNHAPPY SAMSUNG CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!

Interesting I thought the 8.1 came out allready I remember doing it but the feature was still gone Hmm I wonder if this a Newer Update then because this is the first time I've heard anything about the feature bring brought back fully expect for the hear say you have been getting from the support side!!

Asteroid

I sold my Note 8 because of the text tone issue and went back to an iPhone and I now love it! All features work as described, IOS is smooth and works great. No regrets and I will now NEVER buy another Samsung product!!!!