Note 8 NOT in Beta Program :(

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just went to enroll in the Galaxy Beta Program and two things I found out : 1) enrolling is over 2) only for the S8 and S8+ 3) WTF?!?! this is the 1st time I heard of Samsung doing a Beta Program so I guess at least it's a step in the right direction! Now about those Locked Bootloaders, Samsung?!?! joking, we and I speak for all consumers in the root and unlock Bootloader and Android Modding community, that is a subject that many people including myself, get no where with your tech support department and Unlocked Bootloaders. When we say Bootloader Unlock, we don't mean Carrier Unlock, it's not cute anymore and getting to be very annoying. These people that are referred to as Technicians should have a basic knowledge of the devices and software in which they are even supporting, they are trouble-shooters, cause all they do is read on how to troubleshoot specific problems with a certain model on the computer in front of them and explain your options on sending the equipment in for warrenty repair...DUH! At least have a level 3 support team which actually knows about the devices, how they work, and a manufacture that actually assists the customer on unlocking the Bootloaders... (thanks Lenovo aka Motorola, HTC, LG, etc)! But I came back to Samsung for Samsung quality. I just purchase my Note 8 five days ago. I went in for the very discounted Moto Z2 Force ($125 off, nothing down & $15/mo) which they were out of stock and I seen the Note 8, and I seen the LG V30, and I also own a Google Pixel XL which is now on Android 8.1.0 with an Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted using Magisk and I'm working on Audio Mods to work with 8.1.0 Smiley Happy The Pixel is my MOD-friendly device and my Note 8 is my Flagship. The only thing I miss from my MOD Friendly Note 4 is the fact I cannot switch batteries once one gets low and through it on the charger. That was a huge feature I loved but I wouldn't trade my Note 8 up for anything today and as long as nothing new drops overnight!
5 REPLIES
Astronaut

I'll never buy a Samsung phone again. The Note 8 should have come with Orio. Samsung sucks as a company. If I could get rid of this phone I'd sell it immediately.

the S8 and S8+ sucked...I literally had to switch to the Note for the 2gbs more ram ..otherwise it would **bleep**ing stick, stutter, and lag....but now I can't be apart of the beta ....and I spent even more money.....Sticking with Google phones after this
Constellation

Samsung has done the beta program since the S6 and only does it for their flagship S-series since more people use them and can input diagnostic data for it. Also, the bootloaders are locked because many Samsung devices are certified for federal use.
moe
Asteroid

Too long, didn't read. You're in luck, Samsung is currently testing Android Oreo on the Galaxy Note 8, but mind you, it's still in the alpha stages and might release to beta very soon. FYI, Samsung will never have the latest software, you buy their phones for features, not software. (source: reddit)
moe
Asteroid

Too long, didn't read. You're in luck. Samsung is currently testing Android Oreo for the Galaxy Note 8, it's currently in the alpha stage but might have a beta release very soon. You're not missing out on much by the way. Just wait for the official release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. (source: reddit)