Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Asteroid

Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

[ Edited ]

I have seen others with this problem. Some say factory reset fixes it, others say it didn't. 

After Oreo update on my Note 8, the ringtone keeps getting set to silent. I change it to a ringtone sound, but after a while it returns to silent. I am missing calls because it is set to silent. 

Does anyone know a solution other than trying factory reset?

See more topics labeled with:

51 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

I NOTICED WHEN MY RING DOORBELL SENDS ALERTS TO MY PHONE THE  RINGTONE CHANGES TO SILENT. HAVEN'T CHECKED TO SEE IF OTHER NOTIFICATIONS CHANGE THE RINGTONE. I HAVE NOTE 8 OREO

Constellation

Same problem and Samsung tech spport is no help. I have called twice and none of the technician knows what to do.

Constellation

So wht; They're  gonna pull these from the shelf now or figure it out.... Alot of us love having the New or latest new phone when they come out.. Don't wanna b all alone with the old 1 for about 3 - 6yrs later.. Want the new and better so we can work faster on each 1 that comes out. Because if u fix it that it moves fast and do more; Thatz what we want.

Astronaut

Same problem here
Constellation

same here . its becoming a big issue because i need to hear my phone for work. smh

Astronaut

You are correct. Ring app setting was allowed to control system settings. I disabled it and now my phone doesn't go silent anymore.

Constellation

This answer make no sense . Looks like someone in first grade wrote it . 

Constellation

I have the exact same problem of which occurred after the OS update and Verizon's tech support is clueless as to a fix. I'm nearly ready to give up and switch to an iPhone.

Red Giant

Good afternoon @userjEmDYBbSDo

Have you tried performing a wipe of the cache partition? To do that you start with the phone turned off. Then as you are powering it back on, press and hold down the volume up key, the bixby key, and the power key. You may have to hold these down for about thirty seconds. This will take you to the recovery menu. When you get there, scroll using the volume buttons till WIPE CACHE PARTITION is highlighted. Then select that option with the power key. Once it is done, it will ask you to restart. Do so, and then see if you get the error after that.