Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Constellation

Re: Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Hello,

I am having the same annoying problem with the ringer going silent on my Note 8.

I have a Ring doobell and camera setup.

I read that you had success with changing the advanced setting in Ring App.  I could not locate the advanced settings.  Could you kindly advise.  This issue is driving crazy.

Frank

Constellation

Where exactly did you change the setting.

I am unable to locate the "Advanced Settings" mentioned. 

Constellation

How to do it?

Constellation

Same here - Samsung 8, go to Settings, Apps, Ring app, advanced, turn off the "Apps that can change system settings" Doorbell alerts still function but ringtone stays put and does not change to silent

Constellation

May be slightly different than mine but go to settings / apps / ring / app settings / advanced / apps that can change system settings / turn it off

Good luck - this has been a pain for a while....

Astronaut

My Ring app was the cause for my ringtone being changed to silent.  I turned off "modify system settings". Restarted my phone, NO MORE RINGTONE ISSUES!! I was really about done with the phone before I found out to turn that off.

Astronaut

Makes perfect sense.  If you have installed the "Ring" application for a front door alarm/camera prodcut, then setting this application to enable system control  ( Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) will randomly switch your phone ring to silent .

If you dont have the Ring application then try looking for other apps that emit sound and check they are not able to change system settings in the "App Info" section of the Samsung settings.

Constellation

Where is the ring app setting ?

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Hi, I also have issues with Note8 regarding application audios. After the latest updates, I select custom audios from the app, but only touch the phone's defaults.

Astronaut

Didnt help