Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Astronaut

Re: Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

I noticed the same issue.

I went to settings -apps-Ring (doorbell)-advanced- then turned  off apps that can change system setting. 

I found that this stopped the problem for me.

Astronaut

Please specify the exact path you took to change the Ring app permission.

Astronaut

I have the same problem. After chosen the tone I clicked "add". It remained on Silent. I went back, chose the tone and this time I didn't click "add", just clicked on the arrow back and it worked. I say it's Samsung defective as the "add" button is not necessary.

Samsung Moderator

The "Add" button is to add a new ringtome to the list. There is no confirmation needed when you make a selection.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Solved my "silent" issue in my Samsung Galaxy Note 9! Thank you!!!!

Astronaut

Got the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Constellation

I had to do a reset to correct this but it has happened again! I do not have the Ring app many others mention. 

Can this be corrected without repeated resets?

Constellation

I have the same problem 2x but don't have Ring app. The 1st time a reset got the ringtones to sound but it has happened again.  I tried the cache clearing suggestion but that didn't work. 

I'm looking for a permanent solution that doesn't involve another reset.

Constellation

I turned off the advanced setting under the Ring app and did the cache partition thing recommended.  Not sure which one worked but my ringtone is staying put now.  Thank you.

Constellation

I dont know about other apps interfering with you ringtone settings. If you have the "Ring" doorbell app installed on a Galaxy phone it will definitely keep putting your phone on silent.