Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Constellation

Re: Note 8 Ringtone keeps getting set to silent after Oreo

Astronaut

@user29txLvFCn7 - I suspect you have the same problem as those of us with the Ring app, but it's a different app that's causing the issue for you. I can only suggest that you either check your ringtone after any other app has been used to see if you can identify which app is causing it, or go through all your apps and turn off the 'change system settings' options for anything that uses it (and where it's not mandatory), then switch it back on one app at a time, run the app and check your ringtone status after each.

Astronaut

My husband had the same issue with his Samsung phone. I found in his settings Easy Mute was turned on in Advanced Features. It automatically mutes your device whenever you place your hand on the screen or you turn your device over. I’m guessing this is a feature that came with an update. Hope this helps!

Asteroid

I had the same problem and after a couple of weeks of troubleshooting I determined it was YouMAil causing the problems. Uninstalling it was literally impossible.  Didn't matter how many times the settings were changed to remove the call forwarding to their service it just kept turning itself back on, even after the account was closed and the app was uninstalled.  Only a factory reset worked.  If that app is your problem good luck getting rid of it without a reset.