Nougat update for J7 Prime (SM-G610Y)

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Hi, I've been waiting for the J7 Prime to receive nougat, and I've heard of other countries receiving it. I've looked into why I haven't received it yet and all I've gotten is that the carrier of the phone has to push it out first. I bought this phone unlocked with no carrier involved. (in Australia). Does this mean that the update is fully on Samsung's part to push out and if so any idea when I'll receive it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukepara
‎11-10-2017 02:45 AM

Re: Nougat update for J7 Prime (SM-G610Y)

[ Edited ]

Hello all! We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates or features. Our only recommendation would be to keep an eye out for any possible updates that come though. I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

272 REPLIES
Pilot

i bought a J7 Perx here in the states and it came with Nougat 7.0 pre-loaded .... I am using Virgin for my carrier, as I am a good friend of Richard Branson's. The phone is better than perfect and super perfect. The updates come as needed and are come continuously. 😉
Astronaut

me too i did not receive..

Astronaut

Me too i didnt recieve
Constellation

no update for j7 prime (SM-G610Y

Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukepara
‎11-10-2017 02:45 AM

[ Edited ]

Hello all! We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates or features. Our only recommendation would be to keep an eye out for any possible updates that come though. I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

I'm in south Australia and my model number is SM-G610Y. Still no update to mine 🙁 

Cosmic Ray

Do you think you can help somehow? Other countries has had this for a about a month now and Australia still hasn't? 

Constellation

Philippines

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if I can help directly, but considering this is a few different regions, it might be best to reach out to the Samsung support for your region specifically and see what the delay might be.  Smiley Happy