STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Cosmic Ray

STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Custom individual text notifications.... Idk why this feature is so hard to bring back.. I don't want to download another app to be able to use this feature.. my phone had it when I bought it and with the last update you gave out it takes it away?! What the heck kind of UPdate is it when you take features away that were actually useful and clearly you have an abundant group of your customers who agree!? Samsung whats going on with this, is this feature really not coming back, and you're telling me I have to use another product to get it, I know you are probably affiliated with them somehow so it ain't really hurting you, but from experience with each big app like that (Go SMS home, messages, Textra) I add to your device just slows it down or glitches.. why cant my device that I'm paying $800-$900 for do what it did when I purchased it? Smh.. I am really considering straying away from Samsung after this is paid off.. 

~Wicked~
39 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: STILL NO Custom individual text notifications/ringtones??

Agreed. Was really hoping it would be back with this update but no.

Give it back! I hate having one tone for all  Notifications. Don't know if it's a s pam email or someone texted me.

@Aneres wrote:

Agreed. Was really hoping it would be back with this update but no.

Give it back! I hate having one tone for all  Notifications. Don't know if it's a s pam email or someone texted me.

I agree with you both, the Ping for all is nerve wrecking at Best, But we are talking Samsung Here they haven't even once come in the thread that has over a 100 pages too address the issue which is Not right!!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

They have been promising for now 3 updates!!! I dont think they are listening to the consumer that buys their products of what they want. I dont want 2 different apps on my phone for messaging and having the dual messaging doesn't work to get notifications on Fitbit or Samsung gear. We have to choose which app the notifications go to. What a headache! 

@usernudHRpefzL wrote:

They have been promising for now 3 updates!!! I dont think they are listening to the consumer that buys their products of what they want. I dont want 2 different apps on my phone for messaging and having the dual messaging doesn't work to get notifications on Fitbit or Samsung gear. We have to choose which app the notifications go to. What a headache! 

Exactly!! Samsung isn't about to  Fix this, if they were we would be saying okay finally But we stillw ait

Cosmic Ray

........And yet another update and still NOTHING! I don't think I will do any more updates until I see this in the list of "what's changed" ..

~Wicked~

@Wicked665 wrote:

........And yet another update and still NOTHING! I don't think I will do any more updates until I see this in the list of "what's changed" ..

Same here this is getting crazy it's been what 2 month since this "update" took effect and samsung is stll blaming Google when a friend of mine Updated his Lg V30 guess what the feature still remained in the phone so we know Google didn't pull it Samsung did But will they admit it NO! 

Constellation

It's been an issue for most of 2018 and still not fixed. I use custom notifications for my wife and clients. A generic tone is counterproductive. Gmsil used to have custom tones for labels for the same reason and that has disappeared  Icons in my folders were rearranged  Iv don't consuder an update useful when it lessens productivity  Furthermore graphics changes ate not an improvement. I don't care thatvthe cheese was under the meat patty of the hamburger icon. That Goigle and Samsung have not addressed an issue that lots of people have is ridiculous  

Constellation

I just purchased an S9 and I'm still within the timeframe to return it, which is exactly what I'm going to do!   
It has no individual text ringtones, nor individual caller ringtones (as far as I can tell) and no option to "read aloud" the caller IDs name.

My $35 LG phone has those options, as do iPhones.    

Even my Galaxy S3 that just died had individual text and caller ringtones.  (S3 wasnt still getting updates so all of the good features remained).

I'm willing to pay $300 more for the iPhone to save me the frustration of not having these simple basic features.

Constellation

I know! I LOVE that feature and hate that gone!!!