Samsung Galaxy S7 Active stuck on Android 7.0

Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active stuck on Android 7.0

Hello to all, i have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active (SM-891A) from AT&T it has been unlocked from them, the phone is on Android 7.0 Security Patch of December 1, 2017, baseband G891AUCS2BQL6, i have try to update to Android Oreo (8.0) and no luck.  On the phone when i check for updates says that the phone is up to date. i tried installing Smart Switch and my phone is detected correctly, says that i have Android 7.0, but it says that the software is up to date also.

i check with samsung support and according to them the phone is compatible with android 8.0. 

i ask them is there is a way to update the phone with the computer but no luck.

Any help with this? is there a way to update my phone to Android 8.0?

thanks for all your help 

3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor (Elite)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Active stuck on Android 7.0

the question is that r u using it different from att? the software update is coming from ATT.

Constellation

I just went by AT&T as I have x4 S7 Actives on my account and only ONE is stuck at  g891AUCS3BRD1. I have tried Smarty Switch and the internal OTA Sodtware update through the systems menu, both state the phone is Up to Date. How can I get this ONE phone to finish the update?

Constellation

I went to AT&T and they told me to contact Samsung. Samsung says its an AT&T update, and to contact AT&T.... Really, this is what we are going to do?