Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 8.0 Oreo (Straight Talk)

Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 8.0 Oreo (Straight Talk)

Hello all. I recently just found out that most galaxy s7 phones are being updated to the Oreo 8.0 update. I have a Galaxy S7 on Straight Talk and I had not received the update yet. I was on 6.0 marshmallow when I first got my galaxy s7 and I updated it to 7.0 nougat. So does anyone know whether my phone will receive Oreo 8.0?? I would really like to update it soon! Thanks!

7 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 8.0 Oreo (Straight Talk)

Trust me, you don't want Oreo.

They removed so many different features. I just updated today, and I'm about ready to go the verizon store and get an iPhone (and I hate apple). 

Constellation

Have not received update either.

Constellation

Unfortunately I have received it and am gutted I installed it. Since installing it I am unable to use smart view as it will not connect anymore. It keeps telling me to try again later. I like to view pics videos from my phone on my tv but alas unless they fix this I will be looking for another phone. If you don't use the smart view then the update may be for you lol

Constellation

Sorry forgot to put that I am using s7 on ee

Astronaut

@uservIiAuSb48h wrote:

Hello all. I recently just found out that most galaxy s7 phones are being updated to the Oreo 8.0 update. I have a Galaxy S7 on Straight Talk and I had not received the update yet. I was on 6.0 marshmallow when I first got my galaxy s7 and I updated it to 7.0 nougat. So does anyone know whether my phone will receive Oreo 8.0?? I would really like to update it soon! Thanks!

Did you ever get the update?

Constellation

I have straight talk as well an i havent received the update either vut my moms has same phone as me under another carrier an she  recieved it .

Astronaut

You don't wish for oreo 8.0 or experience 9.0, programmers must be 6 years old and out of touch with what people really need on the messaging.
They messed up the messaging app big time.

1. No photo on background
2. No scheduling messages
3. New 8 year old kid buttons dominate the message screens where business tools resided.
4. Everything is played out weird and contact are in bold type. I want to revert back asap.
5. Dont like the attachment layout, I run a business and use txt msg all day and HATE attachments feature.

Hate the new message functionality.