Samsung S9 Pie Beta

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung S9 Pie Beta

Just keep watching here and there should be a notification for us to apply for the Pie beta. That is the way it was last year for the Oreo beta which I was part of.

Constellation

How to join the Beta?

Halo

[ Edited ]

If you're in the US, install the Samsung+ app (can be found on Play store or the Galaxy Store). A notification will show on the homepage. Click on it to register. Once you've registered, go to software updates under device settings and manually download updates. For non-US, download the Samsung members app and navigate to "notices". Rest of the steps are same. The beta is supposed to go live tomorrow, i.e. November 15th. Keep checking the app, and hopefully you can snag a place to test the beta. Good luck.

Constellation

Will it be available for the Galaxy Note9?

Asteroid

I'm in the US. I have Samsung+ installed on my Samsung S9+ with AT&T.... I've been looking up/down/left/right/menu entries... but found no "Notice" nor any entry to register for the Pie Beta. Does anyone else in the US NOT seeing the "Notice"? Are there other ways to register for Pie Beta? Thanks. P.S. the fact that I bought the new Samsung S9+ online in late July, it is an international version; unlocked, dual Sim; and, does not carry an US warrantee!
Halo

@userJvdmuUUQc8 wrote:

Will it be available for the Galaxy Note9?

Unfortunately, no. Historically, Samsung has shied away from including Note series in their beta programs. I'm sure that they are not going to change it this year. However, Note 9 will receive the official Android Pie build in January. This was mentioned during SDC 2018. Hopefully they change it so all flagships receive beta builds in the future but knowing Sammy I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Constellation

@Rau102 wrote:
I'm in the US. I have Samsung+ installed on my Samsung S9+ with AT&T.... I've been looking up/down/left/right/menu entries... but found no "Notice" nor any entry to register for the Pie Beta. Does anyone else in the US NOT seeing the "Notice"? Are there other ways to register for Pie Beta? Thanks. P.S. the fact that I bought the new Samsung S9+ online in late July, it is an international version; unlocked, dual Sim; and, does not carry an US warrantee!

Click on the 3 lines in upper left hand corner,

Click on your name (account ID) 

Then click the 3 dots on the right hand corner 

You will see notices there. 

Asteroid

@userBL7cknOvZQ

Click on the 3 lines in upper left hand corner,

Click on your name (account ID) 

Then c...

Thank you, found the "Notices" . Last notice is about Privacy Update on 10/25/2018.... Looks like my Samsung s9+ can not participate in the beta. Have fun whoever can.
Constellation

I don't see anything after that privacy update either .

Halo

The beta is still not out for Germany and the US. Only in South Korea so far. I'd suggest to keep checking the app regularly. My guess would be that it might go live anytime after 8:00 am Pacific Time (West Coast USA). It's still 5:08 am there.