Samsung health web interface

Astronaut

Re: Samsung health web interface

I'll co-sign this statement/request.   In my mind, your biggest competitor is MyFitnessPal.  And they have a web presence.  Just sayin'...

Constellation

I use MyFitnessPal along with Samsung Health. MFP is way easier to input/arrange/plan meals and track body weight, but that's just about it so far. I have it linked so that info ports over automatically to SHealth, which also counts steps and about a million other things. Would still love to have a SHealth website portal, however. 

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Where can I upvote this request?!? I am looking for this as well!

Coming from Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft Band and according Microsoft apps for fitness, I moved to Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Samsung Gear S3. The S Health app seems to have everything I "need", but I am really missing the web interface. A Windows 10 app would be nice as well.

I tried using myFitnessPal, but the consumed meals don't come into S Health that detailed.

Also for analyzing health related stuff a larger screen is really nice. Same goes for mapping a run: it's much nicer to look at the map on a computer screen. In that case I miss quite some of the features of Runtastic; which is not an option for my Gear S3 Smiley Sad

If the data is open, it should be possible for anyone to connect a website and/or Windows app to it, right?

Edit: just noticed there IS an iOS version of the app. So most likely there will be possibilities to turn that into either a web app or Windows 10 app

Astronaut

This is something I would veyr much like to see. It's a serious drawback in my opinion.

Constellation

I suspect if the community was to have data mining tools on a web interface, it would reveal more information about whats truly collected that people would begin to complain of invasion of privacy and suspect their personal information is part of some larger database accessible only to health and government agencies. 

Constellation

I agree. And, I get the impression that these "Forums" are kind of window dressing for Samsung. There is one response from Samsung, several months ago and nothing since. No indication that they are really paying attention, take this request seriously, and plan to do something about it. [frowns]

Constellation

Yes, I would very much like to view all the Samsung Health data online via Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and even Internet Explorer/Edge if possible. Both Garmin & Fitbit have web-based-browser interfaces for their health stats - your turn Samsung, please...?

Sincerely,
Cuneo13
Constellation

I requested this a couple of years ago, so I am not hopeful that Samsung will actually take action on this issue.  It is completely asinine for them to have ignored this vital functionality this long, but sadly not surprising.  I really do like S Health, but not having access to it anywhere but a smartphone is a hindrance to say the least.

Constellation

Today please!
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hi Samsung team.

A web interface would permit us to use a better  interface than a mobile one :

• computer screen are 13" at least, rather 6" for a phone
  • keyboard is physical on a computer
  • major files and tools are on computer
  • every browsers are able to show webpages

Some other advantages for the web interface are :

• if I broke my phone or someone steal it, I could access to my datas froma any computer (and change password or profile)
  • if I want to make some search, web interface on computer would be smart (historic, filter, etc)
  • web interface isn't dependant of software
  • you already provide us an account and some fonctionnalities on web interface (for example, I'm writing this message from a computer)

So, please, give us delay for this fonctionnality (or maybe ability to export data in json format or any easy format).

Thanks