US Unlocked Galaxy S9+ : Security Update Concern

Asteroid

Re: US Unlocked Galaxy S9+ : Security Update Concern

Samsung's main priority is sell phones as many as they can. It seems that they wait until something big happens like the Note 7 battery issues to fix their problem. They really don't care about support and maintenance of their devices. The vague excuse that applying all samsung customization takes long time is no longer a justification. I'm really disappointed with this mess that samsung have with their update policies and trashy support.
Asteroid

I think I mentioned this back when we FINALLY recived the June 1st update. If Samsung is truly following the pathetic Quarterly timelines then I fear the next update wont grace us until Sept-Oct timeframe and will be for Sept 1st. 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this coz I love the phone and back when I was on T Mobile S7 Edge, updates were WAYY better.

Cosmic Ray

It's so illogical from Samsung USA...

[ Edited ]

Happy to report I've sold my S9+.  Perfect timing too.  Cusp of Crapples iPhone release and we are finally just around the corner from Pixel3.  

I threatened I would sell this beautiful hardware POS device if it didn't get bug fixes and security patches on a regular basis and that day has finally come.  6 months of ownership, only 2 updates.  So pathetic.  Everything broken in Android when I purchased the phone is still broken.  Now that's quality.  Cost to value ratio ZERO.  

I said this experiment was over, and now it is.  What a relief to be out from under the lies and BS.  I will never purchase or recommend a Samsung mobile device to someone who is serious about getting real value for their money.  

Right about now that shiny newness has worn off and what are you left with.  The same buggy "flagship" (if you want to call it that) which continues to wallow in it's own waste.  

Samsung. You stink!  And so does your mobile development team. People should be fired for their egregious lies and broken promises.

You've made your bed.  So lay in it. I wish your mobile division nothing but faliure.

Because that's what owning the S9+ for the last 6 months has been.  A huge disappointment and One Big Failure!

I am done.  Yea!

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
Cosmic Ray

I am waiting for the new Pixel. Anyways: good riddance and happy new life to you!

Asteroid

I thought I was the only one with an unlocked s9 that hasn't gotten any security patches since June 1, 2018 patch, I have Black Crush problem on my phone and a future update fixes that but I still haven't received anything why are exynos models getting theirs right away and the US models (Snapdragon) get treated like dirt, this is my first Samsung phone and I'm hesitant to get another one if the support for their flagship is barely there still all.

Comet

@Seishi wrote:

I thought I was the only one with an unlocked s9 that hasn't gotten any security patches since June 1, 2018 patch, I have Black Crush problem on my phone and a future update fixes that but I still haven't received anything why are exynos models getting theirs right away and the US models (Snapdragon) get treated like dirt, this is my first Samsung phone and I'm hesitant to get another one if the support for their flagship is barely there still all.

Yeah, I thought Samsung learned their lesson with the Unlocked S7...but nope I guess they need and want bad press till their Sales drop off..then will betoo late.

Highlighted

The fact this has apparently been a pattern since they started selling unlocked phones, and nothing has changed over that time, leads me to the conclusion they have no plans to change. Unfortunately I didn't realize this when I bought the S9 unlocked. I came from an AT&T s6 that received ok support, but I figured getting an unlocked, treble enabled S9 would mean better and more timely support directly though the manufacturer, instead of relying on an extra third party. It's kinda of a punch in the gut realizing the device support I get now is 100% worse. Samsung obviously doesn't respond to bad press or customer complaints, so I imagine we're pretty much screwedd. This will be the last Samsung device (phone, TV's or refrigerator) I ever buy, much less recommend. I've never been more infuriated by a post-purchase experience as I am after this. I truly hope Samsung suffers a financial calamity. I'll have no sympathy cause it would serve them right. 

Constellation

I'm waiting on the pixel 3 or OnePlus next month. Both release dates are on my calendar. I've had the u.s. Unlocked s9+ since release date and have not received the monthly security updates or bug fixes.

However I've noticed the carrier variants receive the monthly updates. Why sell an unlocked variant if you won't support it Samsung?

Stand by your products Samsung this thread wouldn't even exist if you stood by your products. 

Constellation

@user8MxjUZF1Xl wrote:

I'm waiting on the pixel 3 or OnePlus next month. Both release dates are on my calendar. I've had the u.s. Unlocked s9+ since release date and have not received the monthly security updates or bug fixes.

However I've noticed the carrier variants receive the monthly updates. Why sell an unlocked variant if you won't support it Samsung?

Stand by your products Samsung this thread wouldn't even exist if you stood by your products. 

We finally received an update this evening 🤦‍♂️