Unlocked S8+ update to hide navigation bar

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unlocked S8+ update to hide navigation bar

[ Edited ]

Hello, I keep reading the S8 and S8+ received an update to add a dot on the navigation bar to hide the nav bar in any app. I keep looking for this update to roll out for the unlocked US version but I haven't received anything. Can anyone verify if this is out for US Unlocked S8\S8+? If not, when will we get this update? 

Thanks

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author users3wRTW4VPS
‎07-28-2017 09:49 AM

Re: Unlocked S8+ update to hide navigation bar

Update just came through for G955U to hide the nav bar and add the dot. The update took about 10 minutes for installation. So far I'm very pleased with the update. Check out the attached photo of Google Feed with Navigation Bar hidden. Thanks for your help and I sight everyone.

16 REPLIES
Constellation

i'm on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Duos SM-G950FD  and i've recieved the update as soon as it rolled out. and today i just recieved an update of 750MB. that was about stability and camera improvements and security Updates.

Current Android Verson: 7.0

Samsung Experience Version: 8.1

Model: SM-G950FD

Asteroid

Thanks for the reply but we have different model numbers. I am looking for exactly that DOT in the screenshot. However, I have the US version with one SIM card and Snapdragon Processor. My model number is G955U1. I've heard good differences with the duel SIM model including processor and apparently software updates because I have none today except some Bibxy updates through Samsung Apps.

This question is still open.

Cosmic Ray

I've been wondering this myself, I haven't gotten an update for that either. 

Constellation

Omg i recieved this update and it had completely messed my phone up. Its glitchy. Not following commands, Running hot (without charging or being in use) the battery is is unstable. Crazy. I've had this phone since it launched. No problems and now this. I just got my vr headset and it wont wrk. Anyone else experiencing this? Dont download the update until this is fixed. 

Constellation

Hello my galaxy s8 does not have navigation bar on/off switch button option in the navigation bar menu why? I set the phone up 3 days ago and it is g950fxxu1aqeb and it says it is the latest firmware no update available? Is there a problem or just do i need to wait the update ?
Yes there is NO hide unhide setting in my menu right now is this the latest update or latest update still didnt come to my phone ? And when it comes, will it be hide unhide setting ?
Anyone help please thx
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Believe me, guys, you don't want this update on your phone - it's horrible.

Before the update, the navigation bar adjusted its color to the application currently displayed on the screen. For instance, when dark colored Spotify was on the screen, the navigation bar was black/dark.

After the update, the navigation bar is always the same. It's freaking horrible.

Screenshot_20170719-091126.png

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply but the nav bar in your screenshot does not contain the "Show and Hide Dot" for full immersive mode. Please refer to the attached screenshot. Basically this dot allows the the nav bar to hide in any application. I do want the update because I am very familiar with screen burn in from static images. Especially with AMOLED displays.

Asteroid

Exactly, still waiting for the update.
Constellation

Guys, it does not contain "the dot" because I've hidden it.

Here you have a brand new screenshot with "the dot".

And it looks that ugly in every dark-themed application.

They totally ruined the navigation bar.

Screenshot_20170720-080038.png