Upgrade Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320)

Constellation

Upgrade Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320)

Can I upgrade my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320) from KitKat to Lollipop, or other higher versions of android: Marshmallow or Nougat??
Thanks, Robert

19 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Upgrade Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320)

The best way to know is to give it a shot by going to the Software Updates section of the settings menu. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Yes,  Did that first.   Since no upgrades seem to be available - I was wondering if I could force an upgrade? How can I know for sure if my device is upgradable or not?  Im pretty happy with the SM-T320, but if its not upgradable I will purchase my next device from a different manufacturer.

Samsung Moderator

You could try to force an update, but there's no guarantee that it will work as it should.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I have an SM- T520 (purchased weeks before the S series was released ) and when I purchased it I checked with Samsung to ask if it would be upgraded to Lollypop. This was confermed by Samsung but later I read that they had decided not to do this.

I was considering the purchase of an S7 or maybe an S8, hence reading the comments on this site. However having had Samsung's abysmal record on updates confirmed by the comments and the fact that they have blocked the ability of andriod nugget to load all but a few apps to the sd card, I think I will look elsewhere for a new mobile.

Pity their mobile division is not as on the ball and proactive as their domestic appliance division who are extremely helpful in sorting out problems.

Astronaut

Indeed I have struggled wi th my tabpro8 since I bought it poor purchase choice! 

Although my Samsung fridge freezer is also a sack of cra# constantly freezing up and having to unplug it for a day to keep it working 

Constellation

Same situation for me. Still at android 4.4.2. Samsung has not and will not provide upgrade for Galaxy tab pro. Most apps in play store won't run on old android system. Will not buy any Samsung product any more. My LG phone gets regular android upgrades. No one support old devices better than Apple although I cannot justify the prices they charge.

Will explore rooting the tablet to upgrade, the process looks pretty scary.

Constellation

My Galaxy Tab Pro won't accept the DirecTV app. It was working just fine until what appeared to be a glitch caused me to ininstall and reinstall. Now when I try to install, it either takes me back to the home page, or has an error code that says "Password or Secure Token must be provided". My password works on the DirecTV website, and my phone. No one seems to know what a Secure Token is. Any suggestions?

Supernova

Is the software of your device completely up to date?

Constellation

Yes