When will there be a fix to the oreo update disaster?

Highlighted
Asteroid

When will there be a fix to the oreo update disaster?

Here is a list of so of the big issues I have been having since the update. If anyone has ways to fix them I would love to know. I have tried to turn things off and back on and a number of other things.

1. SMS custom sounds

2. notifactions numbers (very spuratic and almost always wrong - it says I have 24 emails and when I click onto my email there is only 3)

3. battery life decrease (cashe clear, apps maximized)

4. notification sound is not what I selected

There are other issues these are the biggest.

13 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: When will there be a fix to the oreo update disaster?

Ugh! I know I have been having most of these issues and more since updating mine last Thursday.   I have tried everything and can't get it back to working how it all was prior to this update!  So annoyed.  

Asteroid

Was chatting with someone from samsung through their chat.  He indicated that the oreo update removed the individualized text tones among many other features.  Include the icon badges and notification issues.

He said that samsung is working on all these issues and a new update that will be released to fix all those issues.  

He did not have a time frame, just said soon.  And that all these concerns have been moved up the line to their specific departments.  

So I guess we all need to just wait I put.  Hopefully not too long, or they may lose people back to apple.  

Constellation

Downloaded the first update (4-9-2018) after the lousy Oreo update. It fixed nothing listed above. Two of my Galaxy S7's were destroyed by updates in the past, which is why I now have the S8...which they just f-ed up with the Oreo update. I do not like apple products, but it sounds like it's now the only option since Samsung/Google are incompetent on every level.

Asteroid

The fix can't come soon enough. 

Bloody annoying if you're not able to get to a notifaction straight away, the tone keeps going off every 30 seconds or so, even though I've turned off the sound for notifications. 

And i really miss my icon numbers. 

Asteroid

Ended up doing a factory reset which fixed all the issues.

Astronaut

Ugh. 

Did you find that there were many things you wanted/needed that got blasted by doing the factory reset?

Constellation

Ugh, does some Samsung have a place where we complain about this stuff besides here?

Here's more to the list:

-Cannot customize notification bar color. If I have clouds/or white background, all my notification text is transparent.

-Data roaming message keeps popping up and no option to stop it. I have free roaming. STFU! I don't want to see that message 20x per hour! 

at least we have some sort of time frame now lets hope it's soon

Asteroid

Nothing I couldn't download again