Original topic:

CU7000 bad Viewing angle?

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 10:07 PM)
awhite2547
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I just bought the CU7000 on Black Friday and I am noticing that the viewing angles of the black levels is very grey looking.  Not sure if this is normal for this tv as I bought a TU690T prior but returned it because it had dirty screen effect.  I didn’t notice the black level being this bad on that tv.  So I am wondering if there is a setting or something I can change or is there a tv that has decent picture in 2023 that wont cost 50,000 dollars? Also, when I look at them in stores,  the viewing angles look perfect?? So is it a defect with mine or what?

My previous tv was a 46” samsung 1080p from 2010 and it finally went out.  It had beautiful picture quality with perfect viewing angles.  Why is it so hard to find a good tv now?? 

The areas at the top of the screen where it looks grey is supposed to be black… I am sitting at an angle but i feel like it shouldn’t be this bad?  Its a 55” model

IMG_8638.jpeg

IMG_8637.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@awhite2547

"55" Class CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2023)
UN55CU7000DXZA" (Edge Lit LED, VA Panel Type)

The Samsung CU7000D is the latest Samsung Value Line of Samsung's 2023 Television Line-Up. The Television is an excellent Entry Level Television that is very capable of performing an Excellent Viewing Experience.

The Television does have its strengths and weakenesses. Keep in mind that it's aimed for the Value Conscious Consumer. It's priced competively with other value Televisions from other Manufacturerers.

Your Samsung Television utilizes what is called a "VA Panel Type" I'll explain the differences between IPS/VA Panel Types: Each Panel Type has its strengths and weaknesses. Your best viewing angle is Straight On. Not from the side.

"Many TVs use LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Panels that are lit by LED backlights. There are two popular types of LCD panels: In-Plane Switching (IPS) and Vertical Alignment (VA), and there are two main differences between each type. A VA Panel usually has a High Contrast Ratio and Narrow Viewing Angles. However, an IPS Panel has Low Contrast and Wide Viewing Angles. These are the main differences between each, and for the most part, panel type doesn't affect other aspects of picture quality, like peak brightness, color gamut, or color accuracy."

You will find that VA Panels provide deeper blacks. They best perform in Low Light Viewing Conditions. They also have Narrower viewing angles. IPS Panels have wider viewing angles but grayer blacks. The blacks on IPS just don't get the deep rich blacks that some viewers prefer. IPS Panels offer Wider Viewing Angles though.

Let's answer your question about how to setup your picture. You can with some time and effort get a more pleasing viewing experience from your new Samsung Television. You can go to this website. Many professional Television Installers and Media Enthusiasts trust the testing and reviews provided by this website.

Let's address your question about the top of the Screen you mentioned. This is a characteristic of having an Edge LIT LED Television.

"DIRECT Lit LED offers higher brightness as well as better black and backlight uniformity, but displays that use this technology are usually bulkier and consume more power."

"Edge Lit LED offers better contrast, and the displays that use it are thinner and more power-efficient, but they can suffer from poor black and backlight uniformity."

Rtings Website:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/cu7000-cu7000d

You can also use YouTube to find out more information too!

https://www.youtube.com

YouTube offers tips, reviews, and other information related to your new Samsung Television.

Samsung Product Support Website:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/crystal-uhd-tvs/55-class-cu7000-crystal-uhd-...

If you are comfortable with the fact. That the Samsung CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV. Is not the top of the line offering. From Samsung's 2023 Television lineup. Enjoy the fact that you got a great television for the price point you paid.

Are you willing to spend some time to adjust the settings to get the best viewing experience? Understand it's strengths and weaknesses? Are willing to adjust your expectations and viewing environment? You very well could come to love your new Samsung Television.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a really good viewing experience. If you are not happy with your new Samsung Television and can't accept it's known limitations that come with the low pricepoint you paid.

Then you can certainly look at the premium models, with more features. But with that a higher pricepoint.

I hope that I have been helpful with answering your question about your new CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your questions. Thank you!

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@awhite2547

"55" Class CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2023)

The Samsung CU7000D is the latest Samsung Value Line of Samsung's 2023 Television Line-Up. The Television is an excellent Entry Level Television that is very capable of performing an Excellent Viewing Experience.

The Television does have its strengths and weakenesses. Keep in mind that it's aimed for the Value Conscious Consumer. It's priced competively with other value Televisions from other Manufacturerers.

Your Samsung Television utilizes what is called a "VA Panel Type" I'll explain the differences between IPS/VA Panel Types: Each Panel Type has its strengths and weaknesses. Your best viewing angle is Straight On. Not from the side.

"Many TVs use LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Panels that are lit by LED backlights. There are two popular types of LCD panels: In-Plane Switching (IPS) and Vertical Alignment (VA), and there are two main differences between each type. A VA Panel usually has a High Contrast Ratio and Narrow Viewing Angles. However, an IPS Panel has Low Contrast and Wide Viewing Angles. These are the main differences between each, and for the most part, panel type doesn't affect other aspects of picture quality, like peak brightness, color gamut, or color accuracy."

You will find that VA Panels provide deeper blacks. They best perform in Low Light Viewing Conditions. They also have Narrower viewing angles. IPS Panels have wider viewing angles but grayer blacks. The blacks on IPS just don't get the deep rich blacks that some viewers prefer. IPS Panels offer Wider Viewing Angles though.

Let's answer your question about how to setup your picture. You can with some time and effort get a more pleasing viewing experience from your new Samsung Television. You can go to this website. Many professional Television Installers and Media Enthusiasts trust the testing and reviews provided by this website.

Let's address your question about the top of the Screen you mentioned. This is a characteristic of having an Edge LIT LED Television.

"DIRECT Lit LED offers higher brightness as well as better black and backlight uniformity, but displays that use this technology are usually bulkier and consume more power."

"Edge Lit LED offers better contrast, and the displays that use it are thinner and more power-efficient, but they can suffer from poor black and backlight uniformity."

Rtings Website:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/cu7000-cu7000d

You can also use YouTube to find out more information too!

https://www.youtube.com

YouTube offers tips, reviews, and other information related to your new Samsung Television.

Samsung Product Support Website:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/crystal-uhd-tvs/55-class-cu7000-crystal-uhd-...

If you are comfortable with the fact. That the Samsung CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV. Is not the top of the line offering. From Samsung's 2023 Television lineup. Enjoy the fact that you got a great television for the price point you paid.

Are you willing to spend some time to adjust the settings to get the best viewing experience? Understand it's strengths and weaknesses? Are willing to adjust your expectations and viewing environment? You very well could come to love your new Samsung Television.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a really good viewing experience. If you are not happy with your new Samsung Television and can't accept it's known limitations that come with the low pricepoint you paid.

Then you can certainly look at the premium models, with more features. But with that a higher pricepoint.

I hope that I have been helpful with answering your question about your new CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your questions. Thank you!
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@awhite2547

I'll also provide Calibration Settings for your new Samsung Television.

55" Class CU7000D Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2023)

Rtings Website for Samsung CU7000D Calibrated Settings:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/cu7000-cu7000d/settings

Thank you!
awhite2547
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thanks so much,  I will look into these settings!  

0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Glad to be of assistance to you. Feel free to post again in the future with your comments, suggestions, questions and anything related to Samsung's Products, Services, Applications, and other ideas you may have.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I hope that you will enjoy your new Samsung Television and get many years of enjoyment from it.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Lastly I like to further add for future reference how to prolong the life of your new Samsung Television with these tips!

For future reference to prolong the life of your Television use Energy Saving Mode. Use Movie or Filmaker Modes. Having the screen on Dynamic Mode or having the Screen Brightness and Back Light all the way up shortens the life of your Television.

Also for future reference that Televisions usually have a finite amount hours of reliable operation. With the LED backlights before they start to exhibit issues. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw when you buy any Television.

You can also find Additional tips online to about the proper maintenance, care, and operation of your new Samsung Television.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your New Samsung Television. Enjoy!
0 Likes