Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

It's not worth the headache. Sell it yourself! If you decide to trade in take lots of pics even record the phone working.

Astronaut

Unfortunately I am going through the Exact same thing right now with my Note 8 trade in. Wish I had read this post sooner. 

Asteroid

Contact the BBB. Many including myself have had success doing that.

Asteroid

It doesn't make sense that Samsung would do this to their loyal customers. Glad I saw this post because I was all ready to trade in my S9 for the note 9.

Constellation

Different scam.  I ordrered two phones on Black Friday 2018.  I agreed to trade in our Galaxy S7s for $100 each.  The next day they sent an email that they could only process one trade at a time.  It said once the first trade in was received, they would send the second new phone.  Today, they received my trade in.  They now tell me it will take 2 weeks to evaluate the trade in and complete the process, adn that my new phone will be shipped two weeks after that.  So a phone I ordered on Black Friday won't ship until January 2019.

I could have walked down to the Verizon store on Black Friday and left with the two new phones and none of this nonesense.

I will not purchase Samsung phones again for my family.