Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Asteroid

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Same happened with me. I escalated with Samsung and waited for one month in vain, then I submitted the complaint to the CA Attorney General. Try to give Samsung a few weeks to sort out the issue but keep the complaint option handy in case Samsung does not get back to you in a timely manner. Good luck.
Cosmic Ray

Same story. I have been a note user since the Note 2. I traded in my Note 5 in great condition. I took pics too. A month after they received my phone I got a $275 charge.  I have called and talked to their idiot customer service reps more than one time and escalated the claim.

I am giving them a little more time and then I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute the charges. I am also going to the BBB. I am really heavy into the Samsung Eco system but if this is how they treat customers, I am done!  I love this note 8 but I won't hesitate to sell it along with my gear S3 watch, tvs, and washer and dryer.

There are too many different phones and companies out now a days that are too good to blindly be loyal to a company who rips you off.

I had a few friends and family who told me they have had problems would Samsung and their customer service and to stay away from their website, if I wanted the phone to go to my Carrier. I should have listened since now I have paid over $1000 for this phone.  I could have sold my own note 5 and bought a new note 8 for 7 or $800. So thanks Samsung, for screwing me over!

Asteroid

The District Attourney for my state was my Law Professor, i'm thinking of calling him if Samsung continues to go down this road with me.

Constellation

The $125 charge was after spending $650 for the phone. Pay attention!

Constellation

Speechless. $375 scam here for a S7 trade in.

Astronaut

Same, $375 charge, no trade in honored by Samsung on a fully functioning, factory reset phone.  I believe it to be a scam as well.

Constellation

I just received an email from Samsung saying I sent them a note 5 with a cracked screen. That's a lie it was in perfect condition. They charged me the 400 and basicly stole my phone. They had my phone more than a month before determining this. Big time scam. I would never ever pay a grand for a phone. Currently disputing payment with my credit card company.

Constellation

Thank you for this post, I traded in my brand new s7 for an s8. I did a video to show the condition of the phone and even left my case during shipping to provide an extra later of protection. I received an email that says "the phone does not meet normal wear and tear"!!! This is so ridiculous!!! Samsung is scamming people. I will be filing a complaint with them and with BBB. 

Constellation

And they charged me $375 and still kept my s7.... that's so sad
Astronaut

I got burned huge too! Now I see that many did. The S6 I sent in was in perfect condition. I tried speaking to Samsung - I was never able to speak to a live human. I filed a consume complaint through TD Bank, only to have them come back and say the same thing after investigation.

We're just pawns out here, I guess. For one thing, I will NEVER buy a Samusn phone again!