Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

*People Please Be-Aware of Samsung Mobile Phone Trade In Program... I got scammed when I Traded In my Samsung Galaxy S7 Phone phone had NO BALANCE DUE it was paid off in full, and In Mint Conditionand that S7 does not meet their normal wear and tear condition. I Shipped device to address that Samsung email me to 14500 FAA Blvd, Forth Worth Texas 76155, Then got letter saying that the device didn't power on, and that it was black listed, and in bad conditions. This phone was in Mint Conditions, I then called Samsung talk to customer service and they told me a different story, saying that the screen was crack, They opened a ticket to try to resolve issue, I never got re-ply back from Samsung Ticket number 768889, Today I decided to call Samsung 18557268721 and it refer my call to Philippines the customer care guy couldn't help. He didn't even find my Order ID Number that I provided, then he says Samsung don't use FedEX, what the heck!!! Thats how they deliver the re-shipping label and he refuse to track. I'm thinking about filling a Police Report.

Asteroid

How did you contact the California Attorney General with your information? California is a big and powerful state. Glad to hear they helped you out. Any information would be appreciated. 

Asteroid

Constellation

On January 1/26 they "refunded" the charge. Well... Turns out they did not. Three representatives I spoke with lied to me about the refund. Today (March 5) I still see $942 charge on my TD acct... They do not care about the customers. All they want is money. Thank goodness my Note8 now has no logo because I swear I would tape it over... 

BTW: How can I get out of the upgrade program? I do not want any more S...gs in my life. 

Constellation

Ok, so today I have had my another conversation with their (very patient) representative. Unfortunately - she could not do anything about my case. I still see myself robbed of $375 and/or my S7. They say the warehouse people had said my phone was locked.

Well as far as I am concerned at the moment I do want to warn as many people as I can not to buy any Samsung devices ever. Even if they are the best bang for the money. 

PEOPLE - never ever take advantage of their "promotions" unless you want to get robbed big time. Better sell your phone on CL or go to your local store and trade it in. Samsung's "promotions" are a joke.

* I have just spoken with one of their supervisors. Waste of time.

Cosmic Ray

@userYfcdm6w2PHwrote:

Ok, so today I have had my another conversation with their (very patient) representative. Unfortunately - she could not do anything about my case. I still see myself robbed of $375 and/or my S7. They say the warehouse people had said my phone was locked.

Well as far as I am concerned at the moment I do want to warn as many people as I can not to buy any Samsung devices ever. Even if they are the best bang for the money. 

PEOPLE - never ever take advantage of their "promotions" unless you want to get robbed big time. Better sell your phone on CL or go to your local store and trade it in. Samsung's "promotions" are a joke.

* I have just spoken with one of their supervisors. Waste of time.

Are they saying it was carrier locked or what? It should be easy to go to your old service provider and have them check the esn and tell you whether or not it's locked.  File a complaint with the BBB and your state's attorney general's office, I did and got my money back a week later. 

Constellation

I just got robbed of $375 today because they say my LG V20 was not factory reset.   I know I factory reset the phone before I sent it.   What a scam!  Based on other experiences I'm reading here,  I am not optimistic about my chances of resolving this favorably. 

oht
Constellation

I have a similiar ripoff from Samsung. I trade in my perfectly functioning S7 for the S9. I followed their instruction to removed the lock and do a factory reset. I then verify that all my personal content is gone and there is no need for any code to turn on the phone. Now they send me an email telling me my phone is locked and they cannot remove my content so they are going to charge me $275. I asked them if they cannot unlock the phone , then at least return the phone to me. But they said I already transfered the ownership to Samsung and cannot get the phone back. They also claimed my phone is locked without showing any evidence or proof that the phone is actually locked. Only based on their WORDS. I never suspect a big company like Samsung would steal my S7 and then charge me for $270. Really scam!! Never buy from Samsung again.

Astronaut

Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

This is very upsetting!! I used to be REALLY happy with T-Mobile but in the last 3 years or so, it seems like they are starting to take advantage of people!!! NOT COOL!!!! Is it Samsung or T-Mobile where the problem lies?? Thanks
Astronaut

I'm having similar issue. Sent in a perfectly fine like new S6. Samsung says the screen is damaged and sent two out of focus pictures of "nothing" as proof.

I will dispute any chargeback and be reporting my experiences to appropriate consumer protection agencies.