Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

[ Edited ]

Going through this right now. Got an email from them saying my phone didn't meet the qualifications: 

Device's housing/buttons/keys are damaged or missing.

Device's display is cracked or broken

and that i would be charged $175. I traded my (At&t) galaxy s7 edge to them to get a new s9 for a cheaper price. I've had the 7 edge since April of ‘16 and i have had it in a case since the week i bought it. Normal wear and tear would be the paint chipping on the home button. That button that gets used the most outside of the power button. Gonna call them in the morning so I can actually talk to someone.  After having a chat on samsung site they sent me 2 of focus pics of “the damage” on what could be anyone’s phone. If the phone call doesn’t go well the BBB is next. This is!!!

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of people scammed by Samsung trade in!

I sent a perfect s7 edge, shipped in box provided and bubble wrapped! 

They sent me the exact same bogus claim as others....saying it was not functional and cracked and I used my phone right up to the date I sent it!

They sent blurry screen shot of a damaged phone- not mine and could be anyones.

Now I'm getting the run around, tickets and.

I WILL be filing a complaint with the attorney general and BBB.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Identical situation here. S7 Edge, in almost flawless shape shipped in box with packing paper all around it. Got the same type of photo from them - super zoomed in, most definitely not my phone. I plan on disputing the charge with TDBank but others report that it won't help. Has anyone successfully resolved their predicament? Samsung literally stole $275 from me. 

If they don't resolve it, I will not spend another dime on a Samsung product. Sure, doesn't affect their bottom line but I will at least have the satisfaction of not giving Samsung many thousands of dollars that they would have otherwise gotten from me over the course of my lifetime.

Cosmic Ray

Yes, I got my full trade in value after filing formal complaints with BBB and the California Attorney General & I let Samsung know they would be receiving the complaints. I got an email from Samsung about a week after filing the complaints telling me they were sorry and that they had credited my account for the balance of the trade in value

Constellation

Thank you. Very helpful information.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Same here. Sent my S7 in that was kept so nice I didn't even want to trade it in. It was only 19 months old. Today I get an email saying the screen was defective and they're going to bill my samsung credit account $275. The picture they sent me was ridiculous and was of the top corner of a non working display that was all white. I'm furious. They will get back to me in a week. Love my 9+, but no matter the outcome I'll be switching to iphone as soon as I can afford the trade in difference. Total BS.

Astronaut

I traded in my Note 4 for the S9 plus. Today I found that they declined the rebate because there were damaged. It said they found water damage. I was disgusted to find it since I had having so many issues with Costco about this trade-in. Finally when I thought I cleared all of then, they said it was damaged. 

Astronaut

I traded in my Note 4 for the S9 plus. Today I found that they declined the rebate because there were damaged. It said they found water damage. I was disgusted to find it since I had having so many issues with Costco about this trade-in. Finally when I thought I cleared all of then, they said it was damaged.
Constellation

Good for you.  It's a scam for me as as well though.  They should at least return the phones.

Constellation

I traded in my cracked screen s7 edge for 100$ as they had the option avail. It was small slight crack, on the front glass only. I got an email saying it failed normal wear and tear and taht the housing was damaged/or buttons were missing.

I know for dang sure the housing wasnt damaged and the buttons were fine - they sent only 2 pictures of the screen being cracked...which makes sense since it was a cracked screen trade in.

They charged back 75..waiting to hear on my complaint.