Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

This smells like a class-action lawsuit brewing.  They stole my 1st gen pixel, sent two pictures showing next to nothing (small paint speckles on the aluminum shell), saying that it was "beyond wear and tear" and charging 125$.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them...  It wasn't easy for me to send it my little bud of 1.5 years, still an excellent phone. If I'd known this would happen, I would have never bought the S9.  Assuming they don't see reason, will go through BBB, post my story in as many places as I can think of, tell friends/family, and never buy another Samsung product (as a young techie, that's a lot of potential future dough).  Over a measly (for Samsung) $125.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Totally agreed. The same thing happened to me.  I told them I rather pay $150 for getting my device back which is 100% functional well. They told me no . Basically they got a phone in good condition with only $25 !! And they might sell it to other countries with higher prices after a slightly freshup.

Constellation

I too have been scammed by samsung with this same situation. I sent in my fully functional s7 and they say that the screen is broken or does not turn on. i am beyond annoyed. I always used samsung but if they dont resolve this very soon I will never buy samsung again. 

I have been on and off the phone with them now for over a month. they keep saying they will call back within 3 to 5 days but i never hear from anyone. every time i call back they say the ticket wasnt created correctly and to wait. Its the same thing over and over again and I am so mad. I am ready to file a police report and sue them. This is highly illegal and I certainly am not willing to give samsung a fully funstional galaxy s7 for $25... If i would have known this was going to happen I would have sold the phone on c.l. and went elsewhere for a new device. This is just wrong.... Class action Lawsuit? how do we do this?

Constellation

This is happening to me. I wish I would've thought to look up reviews before doing the program. I am in absolute shock that Samsung would do this. 

Asteroid

They are reckless with the trade-in devices. It's likely they scan the shipping label, tag the phone, then throw it into a bin to be checked later after they just cracked the screen or damaged it beyond anything else they don't accept. File a BBB complaint and don't accept any response short of full credit for your trade-in. If they cannot manage the trade-in program properly, which I can attest they cannot, then they need to discontinue offering it.

Astronaut

I too was taken advantage of by exactly the same story. The Samsung phone I traded in was in excellent condition. No cracks, no scratches at all. I had T-Mobile erased the s7 phone and factory reset it. T-Mobile booted the phone up for me and the Welcome Screen Popped up Asking me to begin to set up the phone. T-mobile representative confirmed my phone was erased and factory reset.

I am shocked to learn that I received an email stating that the phone was not erased. I contacted Samsung and was told I would get an update. Never got an update.
Asteroid

They have resolved my trade-in dispute with the proper credit back to account.

Astronaut

I am also going through the same problems with Samsung -- traded in an S7 edge for a S9+.  Told I would get $300 credit, then a month later, I was told they would deny the credit because "Device's display is damaged or not functioning".   I disputed because it was fully working when I sent it in.  Then 6 weeks later they send another email saying they would charge my credit card in 4 days.  They sent that on Friday and I call on Monday (3 days later...even though Saturday and Sunday shouldn't count b/c their customer service is closed), and they say they've already charged my credit card.

I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company, I'm going to file a complaint with BBB and my state's attorney general.  I'm fully prepared to go through whatever arbitration proceeding they are going to force me through, because I know I sent them a fully functioning phone with a fully functiong, un-damaged display (which is the reason they say they are charging me).  I'm not backing down.

To all others:  NEVER BUY FROM SAMSUNG.  THEY ARE CROOKED.

Constellation

wish I had read this forum first. just got s*&%ed by samsung. my pristine S6 which was always in an otterbox case was just rejected by samsung. did you know you can't get it back? customer service is worthless.

Constellation

Having the same issue. Traded a perfectly working S6+ to get supposedly $150 as trade-in for a new S9+ to give my wife for mother's day. The phone was in perfect conditions and never had a problem with. Now they say it has liquid damage and will not return it back to me. I asked for a return number to send back the new phone and it happens to be only 15 days return policy. They give you 15 days to return the old device and by the time you return the old unit you can't return the new one if they don't honor the trade-in value. This is a very dishonest policy they have which is definitely directly to keep the devices from customers and charge full price for their new units. Up for a lawsuit to these thieves. Does any one know of a class-actions process against them for these policies? Why not return the old device to the owners and have a regular 30 days return policy like every other reseller in USA?