Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Asteroid

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

You are not alone...I sent in a year and half Edge in flawless condition and they stole $340.00 from my account, stating that the phone had a cracked screen and was inoperable.....I contested and they reviewed and after a month they gave me a resoution that my phone had normal wear and tear and that i would get my money back in 10 days..

10 days passed and I called in and they changed their mind and said it had wear/damage on the side and does not qualify for the rebate...My phone was pristine..spent its life in a secure case..

I am absolutely livid that Samsung would do such a thing...I want my money back.!!!!!!

Constellation

Scam scam scam

my phone traded in was in good working and cosmetic condition yet they charged me $225. There was only normal wear on the phone and it always had on otter box covering it. The phone worked as it should. I disputed the claim and they send me pictures of normal cosmedic condotions and remember it was in a case. The phone had no functioning  problems. I should not of trusted Samsung. Last samsung for me back to apple. This was my 4th galaxy and now my last. Do yourself a favor sell it privately. Now let's see if they will return it so I can sell it. 

Constellation

I just got 2 emails from Samsung about this same issue. They stated that I had water damage and the buttons didn't work. Both lies. I sent in a Pixel in Feb. 2018, just got a reject letter today, June 20, 2018. Called, was told to email them and ask for pictures of the damage. None were included. The second email informed me my CC had been charged 225.00. I too WAS a loyal Samsung customer, I have numerous products from them. Each time I have to contact them for service or anything with customer service it is a nightmare. I sent in an S3 tablet for repair and had to prove over and over that I had paid in advance for the repairs. I will be contacting the BBB, even if it is useless. I will also dispute the charges with TD BANK, and write them to ask them to look into why they are getting so many disputed Samsung charges.

Astronaut

This is so wrong. I received the whole "device's display is damaged or not functioning" messege. I sent them my 1st gen Pixel which was WORKING when I shipped it. I have pictures of it post wipe with the screen on and with two different things on the screen. I even sent them pictures I took of how I wrapped the phone in bubble wrap. On the phone with them now, they already charged me $325. They are not getting away with this.

If this is how Samsung wants to treat their customers, and especially customers who preferred other Android devices, consider this my first and last Samsung phone. 

Constellation

I just got billed $225! We traded in an S7 for the Note 8 .. We selected cracked screen for $100 less of a trade in value. The reason they said they billed us was for Cracked screen and wouldn't power on.

Complete BS as I had pictures of day of shipping with the unit on and I had done factory reset. But the fact they said cracked screen was one of the reasons shows they just say any reason whenever they feel like. They didn't realize I had selected cracked screen for the trade in so they just thought they could get me on the cracked screen. But when I showed them proof that the trade in offer had a Cracked Screen option, they didn't know what to do! They said the warehouse's decision is final and there was no way to refund me!? Also I asked for the number to the warehouse and they told me they didn't know which one since there were several. Well on my shipping label I knew exactly which one, also you think they dont track their devices?

NOTE: I sent my phone in and it was received on Feb 28, 2018. It took them 4 months to test the phone and tell me their lies, as they emailed me on 6/20/2018? They know there is usually only a 3 month retention of phone records online, however I was able to contact T-mobile and get documentation showing my EMI was active the day of shipping and that phone and texting was used on the phone that we traded in.

I specifically selected "cracked screen" as the trade in offered and it's on my shows on my invoice (which they were sent a picture of). I showed them pics and everything and their answer to me was, there is NO ONE they could transfer me to, and NO ONE they could give me a phone # to contact, and NO ONE that can refund my money. I found that odd, since there is SOMEONE that was able to charge me.

I was o n over an hour with those liar scammers and they refused to help me even though they saw I had selected cracked screen, and they said they were billing for me for a cracked screen. It's like I live in another alternate universe where reality and logic don't. I have no choice but to file a complain with Customer Complain of California

[ca.gov] and also dispute it with my credit card company.

It's just unbelievable. I've also read many other similar situations online and I totally believe these people who sent brand new condition phones to be told it had cracked screen, water damage and wouldn't power on. Samsung will just flat out LIE!

Sad that such a big power house corporation feels they can just scam and roll over the small consumer.

Constellation

Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Wait! You traded an S5 for an S8 for $125 and you're complaining? It's an $800 phone in exchange for a 4-5 year old phone! I'd be doing a jig!
Astronaut

Samsung tried to rip me off $ 125 for a perfectly working S6 that was traded for a S9 citing flawed screen. 1st they sent pictures of someone else phone with cracked screen then few weeks later sent pcitures of my phone with some weired red arrow showing flawed screen and screen not working. Glad i not only took pictures but also the videos while the device was being factory reset till the device was packed and shipped. Contacted customer service and they were unable to help, filed a case with BBB with all supporting documents and Samsung reverted back with a $ 125 credit quoting " Based on the documentation provided by our facilities, it has been concluded that a one-time refund exception for chargeback will be granted" .

Asteroid

I sent mine old phone back in excellent condition and fully charged.  I purchased a Samsung S9+ and wanted to get the $225. 00 for my old phone.  When they received it they said it did not work.  I used it right up until I got my new phone.  I did a factory reset on it so they did not have my information.  They denied the $225.00 credit on my new phone.

Asteroid

Did you get it sorted out? Same thing happened to me, and as I'm reading this almost seems like a class action is in order. My wife's note 5 was perfect and they claimed the screen was damaged, sent some weird super close up photo in which you can't even tell what it is. I have emailed them several times and keep getting the same foolish reaponses. I'm ready to seek legal help.

Asteroid

Did you get it worked out? I have video showing our note 5 in perfect condition and they came back saying the screen was damaged.