Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

I've just had a problem with the trade in program as well.   Total ripoff.   Last samsung product I'll buy.

Astronaut

They are really scam and very bad service.

Constellation

I sent my perfectly working phone and they sent a mail its a cracked screen.. What a scam

Asteroid

Were you able to get this resolved? I had the same issue saying housing damage but there is no way there was housing damage. I barely used the phone and always kept it in the case
Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Hasn't been resolved for me yet, I was told the matter has been "escalated to upper management".

Has no one tried to do a class action lawsuit at this point? I can't imagine how much money Samsung has stolen for their customers through this bogus "trade in" program. It is completely illegal the way they are acting.

Cosmic Ray

when you buy one of their stupid phones you are agreeing to arbitration, arbitration means no class action suits and no small claims court.  There is a way to opt out, I don't remember the details but you have to do it within 30 days of purchasing the phone.  As I said before, your recourse is to email or call these people every 3 or 4 days (email is better because they can't later deny what they said), after a reasonable amount of time warn them that within the next 5 days you will file a complaint with your state attorney general and BBB, then do both. I got my money back shortly after the AG and BBB sent them a letter advising them of my complaint.  It is the only thing they understand, trust me.

Constellation

I am having the same issue with one of my phones I traded in. They first denied the phone because they said it had damaged and non-working buttons. After my first email, they said they denied my phone because it had a cracked screen...while that is true, that is the exactly why I used the cracked screen offer! They have told me multiple times that they can not help me. I submitted a BBB complaint and will need to go through my Attorney General as well. It is ridiculous that they are doing this to so many people.

Constellation

Interesting reading these stories because I sent my s7 in for an internal repair after an update was causing firmware issues. There was no physical damage, but I get a ticket update that my LCD was cracked and it wasn't. The phone was shipped with styrofoam padding and bubble wrap. So this cracked screen scam seems to be samsung favorite excuse to customer. They received my phone June 27 and updated the ticket with the cracked LCD issue on June 29, Today is July 7 and I still have no received my phone back yet and the track ticket link does provide any information. I'm starting to think the phone I get back probably will not be the same phone I sent them. I am so disappointed with Samsung shameful behavior and treatment of customers. 

Constellation

Same here. I called today. My issue has been ongoing since April. I was basically ripped off on my trade-in. Charged full price for phone when I sent in a "like new" device. I was sent pictures of a phone and box that was no where near my phone's decription. Was sent pictures of a cracked and damaged phone that was a different color and not the same box. Have spoken with Indian representative after representative, in which they are just as frustrated with the scam of an issue as the customers are. The warehouse where the phones are sent does not communicate with them in customer service in regards to the customers' requests of the scam that's going on. Idk what Samsung is doing, but this recent purchase will be my last from them because either there is an inside scam operation going on in their warehouse or within FedEx.

This isn't right on so many levels and a law suit should be brought against Samaung or FedEx. The representatives are well aware of the problem, but their hands are tied because they cannot do anything in Samsung's CS department until the warehouse releases further information on the whereabouts of customers' trade-in devices.

It's very frustrating to have to go through, being that phones aren't cheap and most customers take proper care of their phones to ensure the phone is trade-in worthy to get the highest trade-in value, only to be ripped off by the manufacturer of the phone and charged on top of that. I now hate Samsung and will not puchase anything further from this company!!!

Constellation

I sent in pictures as well of my phone being in perfect condition and they still told me my device was practically damaged and not accepted; and that I would not be refunded. I called my credit card company and have filed an unauthorized charge case with them. Let's see what happens! Something must be done about this scam! I've been constantly disputing the chargeback with them for months now. Smh!