Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

I am going the the same exact thing right now. Your complaint sounds exactly like mine.

Constellation

Keep us posted. I'm going to do the same.

Constellation

I agree. There should be a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I've been waiting since early June. I will be filing complaint Monday.

Constellation

I would like to know how to as well. 

Astronaut

Did you get this resolved? I have a similar issue with Samsung from April 2018. I can't get any responses. I've been calling since May when I was told they found supposed damage to my trade-in. I've been told to email with no email address that works for them. Supposedly there's no such thing as a supervisor. I'm a Samsung fan but with this issue, I'm wondering what I've invested into and Apple my be my next upgrade instead. I'm totally disgusted how such a big companny can have the worst possible customer service. 

Asteroid

I'm so grateful to see I'm not alone with this scam that Samsung is running. I sent in a perfectly good phone to them as part of the trade-in program and like the rest of you I got an email telling it was not acceptable because it was locked and not erased. That is totally NOT true as it was factory reset, exactly the way I've sold many phones on the internet. 

Calls and emails with Samsung have proved worthless. I'm going to dispute the charger back with my credit card company and am considering a class action lawsuit against such an obvious business scam. Is anyone else interested in joining me with this? I will need to have people join me before contacting a lawyer. L

Cosmic Ray

You can't sue them individually or through a group action unless you opted out of their arbitration agreement within 30 days of purchase.  File a complaint online with BBB and with your State Attorney General and document every discussion you have with Samsung.  Hopefully you took photos and a video of your phone before you sent it to them, it makes it much easier to fight your case.

Asteroid

Ok good information. I'm so disappointed in Samsung. I'm new to their phones and have been very impressed. But this scam is not acceptable and for the life of me don't understand why such a successful company would stoop to these tactics.

Constellation

File a complaint with the BBB and dispute the charge with the bank. I read someone done this and the issue was resolved. I am to waiting for resolution. 

Asteroid

I will definitely be disputing this with my credit card company, which I'm grateful is American Express.  As far as the BBB, I'm not sure it will make much difference but I will follow through with them as well. Thanks all for your suggestions. Really disgusted with Samsung. Contact with them is absolutely fruitless and frustrating.