Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

I didn't think that complaining to BBB would do any good but go look at their website for Samsung, every complaint is resolved, it appears that Samsung doesn't want to get a horrible BBB rating so when it gets that far they seem to react.  

Asteroid

Great info, thanks! I will definitely do that.

Constellation

It worked for me. Well it's in writing just waiting for reimbursement. 

Constellation

Exactly what I was thinking 

Asteroid

I had similar experience and Samsung charged me $325. Traded in a perfect Note 5 for Note 8 and turned out to be an indisputable SCAM. They kept my phone for a made up reason. Please don't waste your time and money on Samsung trade in. It's my first and last time buying directly from Samsung!!! 

Astronaut

Here's my lingering suspicion.   There are probably some very crooked QA people working at the trade-in facility purposefully labelling mint condition devices as defective.  I would assume that Samsung typically disposes of defective trade-ins, so these workers are intentionally mislabeling these perfect condition trade-in phones, keeping them, and selling them.   The higher ups probably have no idea and don't care about some used phones, so this theft is happening without their knowledge.    It is absolutely outrageous that Samsung has the sole discretion in making this determination.   

Asteroid

Most likely the low life thieves at trade in warehouse in Fort Worth, TX. We should file a class action lawsuit!!!

Constellation

We should. Even though I was given credit for my trade in after the complaint. It's still not fair.

Constellation

If anyone decides to file a class action lawsuit, count me in.  I will be more than happy to provide information.

Constellation

I filled a dispute with my credit card company as well and it was declined.  The way Samsung has the disclosure written, we have no leg to stand on.  So unless you have pictures of your working phone, we all have no ground to stand on.