I hate the Samsung galaxy s8

Asteroid

Re: I hate the Samsung galaxy s8

@SamsungTrevorwrote:

Thanks for reaching out, @Gavacho, this is not quite the same thing as the Device Maintenance app, but it does a similar thing. This will simply clear out any unused system files that may be conflicting with the way the device is intended to act.

This will not affect any of your personal permanent files on your device.

I hope this helps, let me know how it worked for you!

Thanks Trevor, I just tried your recommendations and it seems to be ok. I won't know for awhile though. Thanks!

Constellation

I had an S7 Active and I loved it. I was forced to get this POS S8 active after my s7 started having issues with a pink line on the screen. I absolutely hate this phone. Hate the disappearing buttons and the keyboard blows. I have had it for a few months now and I can't wait to get rid of this phone!!

Constellation

I almost forgot about bixby... unbelievable waste of memory and space on the phone. I tried using it after going through the setup and disabled the stupidly placed button on the side of the phone because every time I accidentally hit it when I meant to hit the volume button, bixby would suddenly appear. Samsung pay is a close second from the worst apps. Everything I loved about the s7 was turned into garbage on this overpriced phone.
Constellation

Amen...and...the Smart Switch was a waste of time.  Eight days out of the box and had to take to dealer to wipe it so that notifications would work...miss my A6

Constellation

[ Edited ]

The Galaxy S8+ has made me hate the Galxay series of phones. I will likely never buy another Samsung phone again as I don't see them going back to a similar model of phone as the previous offerings. Before switching I had the S4 and within a month I already hated so much about my new phone. I sometimes even use my old phone on the wifi instead of using the S8. I'll start with the Edge to Edge "infinity" screen, what can I say, it's terrible. I WANT a bezel. the bezelless and all glass phone is the reason my S8 was cracked within a month. They design them to be broken... that's just counter intuitive to anyone other than Samsung who want you to have to pay for insurance then pay the 200-300 dollar deductible... that's enough to buy another phone! My phone also overheats very quickly at times and when it does the screen stops responding to touch in some spots. Also, I got the S8+ because the S8 felt too small in my hand but the S8+ had a better grip but the screen is too long. The ratio is just wrong for the S8, should have been a bit wider. While im complaining, I may as well mention the position of the finger scanner... I'm sure no one likes where it's located. It doesn't lay naturally and I have to contourt my hand/wrist to an angle that would allow my finger to lay flat and it's far too close to the camera which causes my camera to always have finger prints on it. I'm also not a big fan of Bixby but I don't like any "assistant" so I won't bother complaining about it too much, something about talking "to" my phone and not through my phone is just off putting for me.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, I absolutely hate the lack of a physical home button. I don't like the buttons being completly software based. just give me my buttons back!

Constellation

I feel the same. Up until this point I've been a loyal Samsung customer but no more. This phone is one problem after another and that stupid moisture has been detected message makes me want to throw it in the trash.there is no moisture in the phone and even if it somehow got wet sitting on the charger with no water around isn't it suppose to be waterproof?

Supernova

[ Edited ]

I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us, @user4QbZ6hv269. Have you already attempted to soft reset your device to see if this helps get rid of this error message?

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let us know how it responds.

This will simulate a battery pull and may help resolve some of your difficulties.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well. Were you able to solve this behavior by performing a soft reset?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I agree I'm so disappointed with my 8I would much rather have my Galaxy S6. It was a much better working phone.