Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Samsung Moderator

Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Hello again all!

We have seen a few questions come in from Note 7 users about how the Note 7 to Note 8 trade-in promotion works, and so I wanted to post answers to the most frequently asked questions we’ve seen to this thread so you’d have them to review.

If you have further questions, be sure to call 855-726-8721, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, seven days a week and they will be able to help you with your specific question..

Q: What is the offer period?
A: The offer is available starting August 24th through September 30th.

Q: How does Samsung know if someone is a former Note7 owner?
A: For former Note7 owners that registered their Note7 with Samsung, they can take advantage of the limited time offer through Samsung.com. Owners that did not register their Note7 with Samsung can provide original proof of purchase to get the offer through Samsung.com or through Samsung Customer Service.

Q: Will these customers also be eligible to receive the Note 8 preorder gifts, or is it one or the other?
A: Yes, previous Note7 owners will be eligible for the Note8 preorder offer as well.

Q: The device I’m trading in is one that I bought using an equal payment or other financing plan, and I still have payments left on it.  Can I still trade it in?
A: Yes – however, please note that all remaining payments on the device you’re trading in are your responsibility.  You may also be subject to additional fees.  Check with your current carrier for details.

Q: What devices are eligible for the trade-in?
A: Devices currently eligible for Samsung Trade-In are Samsung Galaxy Note 5, GS5, GS6, GS6 Edge, GS6 Edge+, GS7, GS7 Edge, GS7 active; iPhone SE, iPhone 5 and above; LG V20, G4 and above; Google Pixel and Pixel XL.

Q: The device I’m trading in is the one I currently use.  Can I still trade it in?
A: Yes!  When you complete your order, Samsung will ship you your new Galaxy Note8 device, so that you can activate it and transfer your data, contacts, etc. before you ship your current device back to us.  You can transfer your information from the old device to your new one using Samsung Cloud, a data cable, or any of the other methods described in the documentation that accompanies your new device.  Please note that you will need to ship the device being traded in back to us within 15 days of the date on which you receive your new device, or your credit card or other form of payment that you used to purchase the new device will be charged for the amount we gave to you as a trade-in credit toward Galaxy Note8 you purchased.

Q: What condition does my device have to be in in order for me to trade it in?
A: Your trade-in device must be in a good condition. Samsung will determine, in its sole judgement, whether your Qualifying Trade-In Device is in good condition. A Qualifying Trade-In Device is in “good condition” if it:
·       Powers on and holds a charge;
·       Has a functioning display;

·       Has no breaks or cracks or other visible defects that go beyond normal wear and tear; AND

·       Is not on a black list of any kind;
In addition to being in “good condition”, your qualifying Trade-In Device must satisfy the following additional requirements:
·       Has Reactivation Lock, Google Factory Reset Protection, or any other anti-theft locking software disabled; AND
·       You must have performed a factory reset and removed all personal information from the device

Q: What if Samsung determines that my device does not meet the minimum conditions or that my device is not an eligible device for this promotion?
A: We will evaluate your device when we receive it, and if it does not meet the conditions described above, or if it is a device that is not eligible for trade in under this promotion then Samsung will value it at twenty five dollars ($25.00) and charge you the trade-In credit that was applied to the purchase of the Galaxy Note8 minus the twenty-five dollar ($25.00) value (“Device Condition or Ineligible Device Charge"). Please note that your old device cannot be returned to you.

Q: What happens to my device once I send it back to Samsung?
A: You will receive an email from Samsung when your device has been received and evaluated; as long as the device meets the criteria described above, you don’t need to do anything else. 

Q: What if I decide that I want my old device back after I send it to Samsung?
A: When you ship your old device to us, you are transferring ownership of it to Samsung and it cannot be returned to you for any reason.

Q: What if I change my mind about the trade-in before I ship it to Samsung?
A: If you decide after you make your purchase that you don’t want to trade in your old device, you don’t need to do anything.  Approximately 15 days after the date on which you receive your new Galaxy Note8 smartphone, you will be charged the full retail price of the Galaxy Note8 you purchased and this charge will be done using the same payment method that you used when you completed your initial order with us. If you do not have sufficient credit available on the credit card or other account you used when you placed your order, Samsung will contact you and you must provide an alternate payment method.

Q: Where can customers check to see if they eligible to participate in the offer?

Here's that link directly to the full FAQ.  Smiley Happy

Feel free to discuss this promo with each other here on this thread. I do ask that we keep the discussion as positive as possible but I do want you all to be able to talk as freely as possible.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

125 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

Are previous note 7 owners going to receive a discount on the note 8. I had to turn mine in and I replaced it with s7 edge. 

Asteroid

I hope so

Halo

We deserve answers. 

Cosmic Ray

I am wondering the same.   I did not order the note 7 because I wanted a galaxy edge!  I would love to have the opportunity to move on to the next Note!  Please Samsung! 

Galaxy

After months of silence, I certainly hope Samsung does the right thing.

Halo

Opportunity for the next note? What do you mean? If you never had the note 7 get out of here with wanting that discount. 

Asteroid

I wonder how this is going to work with people like me that traded in there phone and were made... pushed to get the s7 edge and sign a 2 year contract

Cosmic Ray

Seeing as how Samsung has publically said that former Note 7 owners can get up to $425 discount on the Note 8 when exchanging a phone, how would that work for someone who has to go through T-Mobile for a Note 8 on the monthly installment plan (2 year)?

http://bgr.com/2017/08/23/galaxy-note-8-preorder-discount-note-7-customers/

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Is Samsung going to do anything for previous  Note 7 owners? I had 2 Note 7 devices before I was forced to turn them in and get a S7 edge with a contract. I checked my account with Sprint and was told that I would have to pay over $400 to upgrade to the new Note 8. While the S7 has been ok, it is not what I wanted.  I upgraded to the Note 7 after owning the original Note, and the Note 4. I really hope that Samsung is going to help with this.