Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Cosmic Ray

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

As a former Note 7 owner (2 times), I have to agree with Luther1972. For those of us that have gone through carriers (T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and are in payment plans, the trade-in discount does not apply to us and is a weak, feeble attempt to smooth things over.  We went through the inconvenience, albeit for safety, of not going through one exchange, but TWO exchanges due to Samsung's lack of foresight.

In the end, most of us ended up with a downgrade of a phone (S7 or S7 Edge) and are now stuck trying to pay enough of it off to be eligible for an upgrade that will not have any discounts available. Sure, for some, the SD card and Fast Charger or the 360 might be enough, but I am inclined to believe that there are A LOT more of us who feel that what Samsung is offering is not enough for us former Note 7 owners. The time, money, and stress put into the Note 7 does not equal what Samsung is offering. 

Asteroid

Its only been a few days but hopefully we get great news for all of us ...if we dont get any good news ima pay off this sorry s7 edge phone i had 2 get and might say screw it and switch to a **bleep** IPHONE 

Constellation

As a longtime Samsung Note user, I am unfortunately right there with ya... This entire situation with the Note 7 has been a disastrous headache for me since the very beginning... The moment Samsung's quality assurance department dropped the ball on the battery checks and when the public first found out about it is the moment I began to second guess my longtime loyalty to Samsung.... I was not particularly happy with how they handled the recalls either, but I'm always down to give a company I've been so loyal to a third chance! Call it blind faith... So I stayed with Samsung and downgraded to the S7 edge-- which I absolutely F**KING hate!!! I figured that Samsung would make good by their loyal Note customers and allow us to upgrade early to the Note 8, not just give some bulls**t "discount" on the Note 8? It's all smoke and mirrors... I am very disappointed to find out that Samsung is yet again screwing their most loyal fan base, which most of us are tied into monthly device payments for a device we didn't even want in the first place. This is definitely the last straw for me and it kills me to say this but.... HELLO IPHONE 8! 

Constellation

Agreed
Asteroid

Maybe a call to your local TV stations on-your-side department would help everyone. Our individual voices are not loud enough for Samsung to hear. Maybe enough negative publicity would strengthen our voices. After the catching fire/blowing up boondoggle I bet the TV stations would love to talk about how former Note 7 users are being treated. We stuck with the Note 7 even at risk to life and property because we loved having a superior phone only to end up with a phone that was inferior to the newest IPhone. Why? Because we all were willing to do so in order to wait for the phone we really wanted, the Note 8 believing we would be rewarded for our loyalty. You tricked us all Samsung. Well played. As you can see by many of the posts you have successfully boosted Apple's share of the market. IPhone sales are going up and up. Apple is smiling all the way to the bank.

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Exactly

Astronaut

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

I did the same with my Note 4 but we are not getting a discount on the note 8 even if with owning a note7. Because our phones are not eligible for trade in

Asteroid

Re: Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

The limited number of phones that are eligible for the trade-in credit is terrible. Most likely there are 10's of thousands, maybe 100's of thousands of people that went through multiple Note 7's and got devices other than what is on your short list. All of those people get absolutely no benefit from your so-called Note7 Loyalty offer.

You promised you would help all of us that had to go through the major hassle from the recalls. Hell, I even had my Samsung Washing machine go on recall around the same time.

Samsung needs to give the same offer to those of us that got other brand phones besides those on the list. My and other people's phones are worth way more than the $25 you offer to those of us that got other quality brands.

I hope you have something positive to say and assist with in this matter

Constellation

Paid off iPhone 6 to get the S7 edge when the note came out I paid off the S7 edge to get the note. Best phone I have ever had I then sold the iPhone to a coworker and gave the S7 edge to my Girlfriend.

After being forced to return the note due to the updates limiting the battery I purchased another S7 edge and a Note 5 both of which fall seriously short compared the the note 7.

While I don't expect it to be free I don't personally feel that this deal is making up for the severe cost I have incurred due to switching my household over to Team Samsung.

I don't expect it to free but i feel those who remained loyal to Samsung during all of this should be better compensated considering the amount of time lost trading multiple note 7s in until the official recall and then having to put up additional money for the replacement device while waiting for the carriers to refund the money spent on the note 7 originally. 

Asteroid

Samsung can go to h3ll with this bs deal. After all us Note 7 owners been through and downgraded to s7's in hopes that Samsung would take care of us and do right when the next Note arrived, just to be left in the middle of 2 year contracts and have to pay full price on phones we didn't want. That's terrible loyalty to it's customers. If Samsung doesn't fix this I'm also moving onto the Apple plus the first chance I get.