Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

Another question regarding the Note8 (other than the discount for us Note7 folks); did they fix the horrible design flaw on the S-Pen that allowed you to put it in backwards on accident and totally destroy the sensors?  I am currently limping toward the finish line with my older Note5 and had this happen (pesky nieces!).  I honestly don't remember if it was fixed on the Note7 since they kept taking it back from me!

I'm very glad to see they kept the expandable memory.  That was the biggest dumb move on the Note5 vs my previous Note3 (still love the Note3 more than any other Samsung I've had...expandable memory, replaceable battery, had defined edges that were just a tiny bit raised, so your face was protected if you set the phone down...If only you could upgrade parts and keep the chasis!)

Constellation

user9JfbhMrsZJ wrote:

Another question regarding the Note8 (other than the discount for us Note7 folks); did they fix the horrible design flaw on the S-Pen that allowed you to put it in backwards on accident and totally destroy the sensors?  I am currently limping toward the finish line with my older Note5 and had this happen (pesky nieces!).  I honestly don't remember if it was fixed on the Note7 since they kept taking it back from me! 

They did fix that, but I so I would assume they would keep it fixed

Cosmic Ray

I have been told that Note 7 owners will be given a $425 credit toward Note 8. Have not seen how this will actually work.

Are you watching this space SAMSUNG? Any info for us?

Cosmic Ray

yes i did had the note 7 and it was fix had not a PBLM  it wass perfect untill I had u know wht returned it  sucks !

Constellation

Are previous note 7 owners going to receive a discount on the note 8? I had to turn mine in and I replaced it with s7 edge. I love my note and do not like the replacement. will we receive notification by email? this replacement event has been an inconvenience to my wife and i! we want our note back!

Constellation

I was able to pre order with the half off discount through my carrier...verizon.  

Cosmic Ray

That's awesome.  Did you have to call? My carrier's website doesn't show the discount at all.  Samsung's website doesn't either.

I have had T-Mobile for years not sure what plan your using but i know when ever I go to tmobile as long as my phone is intact no damage I do the jump on demand have your current device for 6 months go back when a new device come out trade your current device in for the new device and pay 0 money down thats how it worl for me at least 

fgr
Constellation

Why is the S8+ not listed as an acceptable trade-in for the $425 off?

I'm sure I could just sell it for a little more, but that's such a hassle.

I've already pre-ordered my Note 8, but would still like to do the trade-in of my S8+.  Anybody know how?

Asteroid

I called samsung and the rep doesnt know anything about this promo.