Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Is the up to $450 on top of the trade in price for the phone? I traded my note 7 for a S7 edge, since it's been less then a yr I still have another yr. If I got to keep my note 7 I wouldn't be "upgrading" less then a yr later. 

Asteroid

I switched to a s7 from the note 7 and hated it! Returned it costing me another 50 or 60 bucks out of my pocket and just rocked my note 3 for the last year.
Asteroid

I had to get a S7 edge when my note 7 was recalled. My question is: Why cant I just give back the S7 edge and start up with the Note 8? I never wanted the S7 edge but needed a phone. That is the deal you should be offering the Note 7 people. I am willing to start over with payments but I should not have to pay off the S7 edge to get the note 8.

I cant be the only person that feels this way. 

Asteroid

Yeah so I went to Verizon and there going to give me $480 for my S7 edge. So basically Samsung is offering diddly **bleep** PLUS I would have to pay off a phone I never wanted. 👍🏿 So basically we're not getting **bleep** by the info provided. This was just a P.R. announcement

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

Does anyone know how long this offer will last? The one one for the trade in?

Cosmic Ray

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

Im sure the offer will be there for a while. Just make sure you take everything into account. Here's a list of all the eligible trade-in devices (per a samsung rep): Samsung Galaxy Note 5, GS5, GS6, GS6 Edge, GS6 Edge+, GS7, GS7 Edge, GS7 active; iPhone SE, iPhone 5 (Except 5c) and above; LG V20, G4 and above; Google Pixel and Pixel XL.

Samsung will offer you a discount of "up to" $425 off your Note 8 order. Most of these devices are worth more than that if you were to sell them online. The oldest device on this list is the Note 5 I believe, which still retails for $800 on samsungs website. So this is not a fair discount, and Samsung will more than likely take your device and resell it for a profit. This deal still screws us and does not make up for the nightmare that was the Note 7. 

Also, for those that signed up for a new contract with their provider, you will still have to pay off what you owe in order to trade in your device. 

SAMSUNG DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

Cosmic Ray

I know... so basically, with the hefty price tag on it, you really are getting 100 or so discount.. 

I've made 22+ (some not showing here) samsung purchases over the years... I've always tried to be a loyal customer to Samsung for all my electronics needs and have always gone straight to you for my  TVs, computers, phones and tablets... starting to really feel that its a one-way relationship... can't want to sustain it more than you do..

Attachments

Constellation

What if I preordered before this promo became available? I checked with samsung support before placing the order but they said nothing was available for note7 users at the time. Can I add this promo to my existing preorder? I don't want to lose my place in line.

Asteroid

Well after much researching and talking .... I got stuck in a 2 year plan when I had to return my Note 7 for the 7 edge.  I cannot get the Note 8 for another year!!   If you want the $425 refund you HAVE to purchase it through Samsung.com  So on top of that ($900ish), I also have to pay off my 2 year payment plan in order to ship back my edge7 which isn't even a year old back to Samsung.  So they are getting an almost 1 year old phone in good condition at my FULL PRICE ( I should be able to keep my phone I paid full price for it)   And if you don't pay the price in full you have to apply for their credit card for monthly payments!!     SO this customer is losing out on this deal!!  Not a happy customer!!

Asteroid

Does it matter if already put your email address in the first time, but I did not place an order.