Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

They're only offering a discount  if you turn the old one in. I don't think it's fair. I turned mine in a month after I received it, so I guess I don't get a discount! 

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

I must say I'm extremely disappointed as a Note 7 owner. The trade-in offer is only for select lesser quality phones that were available after the recall. After turning in two Note 7's for the recall I purchased a Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe 5.7" as it was the only phone with similiar specs on the market at the time. The LG V20 was the other though it lacked Onboard storage and was pretty much out of stock everywhere.

I saw the offer for Note7 owners and excitedly went to check it out.

I hope Samsung will reconsider and update their offer so I, and many others in a similiar situation, can take advantage of the offer and get back to using the best phone on the market.

Cosmic Ray

I called their sales team, they were not able to give me any information as they do not have any information for people who that do not have a phone on their list but had the Note 7. They sent an email to their escalation team and Im supposed to hear back in a few days (wont hold my breath). So yea, they didnt plan nor do they really even care.
Cosmic Ray

How 

Constellation

What about S8+ customers? I was forced to turn in my Note 7, and I ended up pre ordering the S8+ as the replacement. Is Samsung ping to offer an instant trade in on this phone?

Asteroid

Yes, they are. 

Constellation

Will I need to pay the balance off on my S7 prior to upgrading to the Note 8?

Halo

I too gave my Note 7 back and have had the S7 Edge for a year. 

If you buy the Note 8 from Samsung uou can get up to $300 for trade in.

I pre ordered mine from my carrier, Verizon, and could have got $175 for trade in but chose to keep the S7 for the wife.

Halo

[ Edited ]

EDIT: My bad, I meant to reply to @VirgoSailor

What do you mean? Did you use the same email that you registered with Samsung on your Note 7? If not, that might be why it says you're not eligible. You can present proof of ownership as a second option. 

Constellation

Verzion and/or Samsung really did not think through their trade in promotions for the new Galaxy Note 8, or maybe they did and that would make it worse.  At this time after the calamitous Note 7 fires all of us using the Galaxy 7 Edge owe a balance of $462 to payoff our phone in order to upgrade back to the Galaxy Note platform we all loved.  Samsung is offering a $425 trade in value for that phone when you upgrade.  While a $40 extra cost they are hitting us with in the spread in our payoff at least they tried, right?  However, you need to pay off your phone today and will be out $462 today while that $425 trade in value will take you 24 months to get back at $17.70 a month. The credit just knocks down your financing payment rather than come to you now to offset the payoff on your old phone they forced you into.  They need to give you the trade in credit today and then finance the entire value of the Note 8 at $40 a month.

I was excited and ready to put my pre-order in for the Note 8, but now that I saw the shell game Verizon and Samsun played on us suckers.  I'm out.  Guess it's on the the Apple Plus.