Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Yes, Verizon's deal is better -- and it's available to everyone. So being a previous Note 7 owner doesn't help all. If I'm calculating right, that means I would be paying $55 a month for the next 14 months.

Not what I expected!
Constellation

Of course, that's assuming that I'd be able to keep both phones on the same payment. If not, it would be $20 a month but a lump payoff of $462 -- which wouldn't make me very happy, either.
Asteroid

Why?

Why are all of us that provided Samsung support throughout the Note 7 fiasco by loyaly sticking by a great phone and doing nothing but talking good about the phone, being kicked to the curb? We made the decision to spend our money on the best phone on the market and after all was said and done spent even more money proving we were loyal to Samsung by buying another inferior (to the Note 7) Samsung phone. We have spent more money already than most customers will spend to get a new Note 8 without even buying the Note 8. Now we are rewarded for our loyalty with this offer that will make us pay considerably more than a customer that did not have to go through all the phone replacements, recalls and trade in fiasco to have a good phone again. 

Loyalty does not go far anymore does it?

Constellation

If anyone not using their samsung note 7 email address for note 8 can you email me your email address so i can use to activate 450 off code?

Your email me be very helpful. Thank you. 

my email: lifesustain5@yahoo.com

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

Does anyone know what samsung promotion is for note 7 user?

Constellation

Go to the Samsung website and you'll find it there. You may need to go to the mobile section. 

Constellation

I agree, samsung is offering $425 off the new phone but how does that work with the payments I'm making to Verizon on a phone I didn't want?

Halo

I just ordered my Note8 from Verizon. The only offer available is a discount of approx  $175 if you trade in your S7 at time of purchase.

Samsung says they will give you $400÷ if you trade in your S7 while buying the Note8 directly from them.

The VZW saleslady told me your S7 has to be pristine to get top dollar trade in. Basically brand new. 

I just kept my S7 Edge, (wife will get it), paid off one of the contracts, (we have 2 lines), made a down payment, and ended up spending a total of $310 (immediate payment) and payments for Note8 raised my monthly bill only $8 total. She also gave me an immediate  $50 credit for the pre order and for "being a long time verizon customer in good standing". 

Actually, she was very sympathetic to the way we had our Note7's recalled, twice, and had to take a lesser phone and no real recourse to be rewarded properly.

Anyway, I got a pretty good deal.

Constellation

Great Question, i think Sansung should have worked this deal out with the phone providers. The deal on the samsung website is designed to pay the enture amount left which 505 dollars. Not counting tax. I had two Note 7s and the discounts are trash for the S7 Edge, terrible phone by the way. 

Halo

Oh I agree. I don't like the S7 much at all.  But that is because I've had the Note models for a while now and once I started using the Note 7 I was spoiled.  When they took my Note 7 away and I had to drop down the S7 it was like having my Cadillac reposessed and giving me a Kia loaner.