Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

razzell2 - Why did Verizon only give $175?  They're advertising $480.  And why did Samsung only give you $300 when they're advertising $425?  

Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

I'm a previous note7 owner. I loved the note 7 in blue. I had to downgrade my phone to Moto play Z Droid. I've had Samsung note 2,3,4 and 7. Will I still be able to get a trade-in promo for my phone?
Halo

dear sir, i hope i took the plunge and its worth it. sadly, samsung wont take the s8 series to trade.and i qualified for note 7 discount, but because i went to s7edge then s8 plus, thats my loss as i assumed i was gaining.

I SURE HOPE SO, that the note 8 leap was worth the mind blowing 1000.00

I  hope it wont feel like a s8 plus on steroids, and is better overall in performing, as the note 8 states. 

will the extra ram help, and will camera sensors be better, and we all know, as i do, the note 7s we had were superior in thier short life.

Halo

oh, i forgot, if i didnt buy from samsung, will i miss out on any promos at all

Constellation

i call samsung if you dont hace a expensive phone to TRADE-IN so they can keep your phone your are not elegible, this is a rip-off they dont discount you 425 they keep your money and phone or you think that the phone they ask for cost 425 only, i call and im not elegible after all the problems with samsung if i want the phone i have to pay the price in full... 

Constellation

I have been arguing this same question

Astronaut

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

The process is confusing. I pre-ordered my phone on the morning of the 24th. I called customer service to tell them I didn't get the $425 discount. They told me not to worry, that I would get an e-mai. I didn't get the e-mail until later in the day. So now I don't know if I'm supposed to cancel my 1st order and order again through the e-mail to get my discount. e-mailed Samsung and no response. It's very frustrating.

Astronaut

exactly! why are we paying off the 7s Edge and then paying for the new Note 8?
Constellation

katniss,

Only a few brands (their newer models--but not the S8!!?) are included in the promo: Samsung, Apple, Google, and LG.

If I were you, I'd definitely call them. and make your case. The upgrade team is at 855-726-8721, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST, seven days a week.

Good luck!
Asteroid

Talked to Verizon today, seems since I'm on the payment plan I can't trade in my phones until all 4 are paid off. Over 1600.00 at once yeah right. Samsung told me if I traded it in with them Verizon would black list it and I would get nothing.
Wow great customer service Verizon and Samsung.
WE GOT SUCKERED TO STAY WITH SAMSUNG AND LOCKED INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT WITH A CHEAP PHONE. I'LL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN AND I'M SWITCHING TO ATT.
Good luck everyone with the Samsung new hassle.