Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8

If they could do three times, they could do it a fourth for those of us who lived through that hell of 3 exchanges and all the waiting, bad info and frustration that came with those transactions.   Not to mention being stuck with a phone we never wanted to begin with.  

Asteroid

I should add, if you think we are frustrated, imagine the carriers, they probably told Samsung to take a hike with respect to another swap out.   But that is exactly what they should have done for folks who stuck with Samsung and took the S7 edge.  If you took a refund, I'm not feeling too sorry for you.   But if you stayed, Samsung has to know how lukewarm this deal really feels.   

Astronaut

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

I'm in the same situation .. I NEVER Wanted the S7Edge .. got stuck with it after 2 recalls of Note 7s.
I am INFURIATED I would owe money on that FAIL I NEVER WANTED in the first place!

Surely Samsung can do better for customers than this ..

Cosmic Ray

You should get your words correct everybody who wants to get screwed by Samsung will get a 425 discount and only if they want to deal with Samsung..

1 option buy it in full (price)

2 option finance but only if you qualify thru samsung..

OH!  Don't forget you need to pay off your current phone you were forced to get or trade it and keep paying on it while you pay on new device well I can do simple math and number one if the note 5 that I was forced to get is valued at 100.00 that must mean samsung value there phones as junk so I can only imagine what they truly think of there loyal customers oh Yea! Let's rip them off and make up money we lost with the note 7...well I'm not drinking the cool-aid..maybe it's time to put my loyalty some where else...

Constellation

Wow! I don't feel that the $425 trade for a note 8 is all that great a deal.

Only if your phone is perfect will you get a $425 for your trade then you have to spend another $500.00+ when you already spent at least $650 on the, way inferior S7 edge (or ~$325 with a two year contract).

Maybe my math is off but it doesn't sound like $650+$500 = $1150+ = a good deal...

Perhaps they should do an even exchange and we can pro-rate my payment to them for each month it doesn't explode or catch fire-LOL

Halo

You mention the Note 5...

I am sure that I will love the new Note 8 but I must say that my favorite phone of all time was the Galaxy Note 3.
I am not sure but it may have been the predecessor to the Note series phones with the S-Pen? 
In any case, I still have that phone. Great screen size, cool features. It is currently the phone my wife uses. Although she will be getting my S7 Edge when I activate my new Note 8.
Regarding your mention of the price, I look at it this way...
These phones are computers. The Note series, with the S Pen, literally has more functions and does more stuff than my $1500 HP laptop.  It is a small hand held computer AND it has a phone in it.  Lol.
If you look at it that way, the price is really very low.

I had 2 Note 7's recalled after waiting a couple of years for it, and then waited another year for the Note 8 to be released.  In the meantime I have been using this S7 Edge.  Nearly the same price but not even close to the Note.  Heck, not even as good as my Note 3.
I will enjoy my Note 8 and will be ok with the money spent on it.
I do agree with most everyone else that we should be getting a straight across trade for the phones we had to buy when our Note 7's were recalled.  

Doesn't matter what Samsung we chose to buy to hold us over until the Note 7 came back to us, or the Note 8, those of us that stayed loyal to Samsung and got a lesser phone, we should be able to order our Note 8 and keep the same payment schedule, same monthly amount, and same contract and plan with whatever carrier we are using. 

Halo

[ Edited ]

No real deal for us Note 7 recallers.  Maybe they gave us a hundred dollar credit way back when this stuff began but now?
No deal.
You trade in your S7 but your not gonna get anything like top dollar for it because after a years useage, they're gonna say its worth much much less that you paid for it.

I just bought the Note 8 from my carrier,  i'll make the monthly payments, give the S7 to my wife, let her change her number to the S7, continue to make my payments on both.  

Even with all of that, my monthly payments are not bad.  Under $160. That's for 2 phones and our monthly contract plan. 

Im ok with it

Astronaut

Re: Note 7 -> Note 8 Promo FAQ

I have been reading about everyone getting new phones and unhappy because they have got to pay them off before they get a new Note 8. I on the other hand was able to go back to my Note 4 and have been just making it work waiting for the Note 8 release. Now that the Note 8 has came out they don't want to offer anything because I never upgraded. I don't really understand why they don't just give Note 7 owners a 100.00 discount. If you look at the trade in for none Note 7 owners it is up to 300.00. I just want to see that my loyalty in this matter is noticed.

Cosmic Ray

Yes and that's just talking about this current phone not down payment on note 7 or what ever you previously lost on the phone you had or traded to get the note 7 you have to look at it all samsung is just a business and there here to make money they don't give a **bleep** about loyalty or they would of let the phone carriers handle this...

Cosmic Ray

It's simple your screwed you have wasted your time being a samsung customer