Note 8 promotion problem

Constellation

Note 8 promotion problem

I recently pre ordered the note 8 from Sprint. Downloaded the Samsung app, see the promotion for the wireless charger, memory card, etc. but can't click on it, sign up for it or anything. If anyone can help, please let me know. Thank you.

38 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 promotion problem

Hey @userOMzOUbvG2r

You'll need to wait until you have the Note 8. Then using that app you can sign up for the promo using the new device.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Same problem
Constellation

Thank you
Astronaut

I've received my note 8 downloaded the app and still am unable to register for my free gift.  The page just keeps buffering and never completes the registration.

Constellation

Ok, now that I have the phone, I can get to the promotion, but I can't put in the Imei# or the Mac address numbers. I can't even highlight the field too type anything

Constellation

I'm having the same problem you are. I also am leasing from Sprint. I put in all the information required in the app but when I hit submit, it just buffers forever and never completes. I have left the phone in this state for hours and it still goes nowhere. I have tried repeatedly. I am now trying to submit on my computer but the online form is telling me I cannot use my packing slip that came with my phone. I got the phone from Spring on lease and I was told to use the packing slip that came with the phone for this purpose. I don't understand the mixed message or why I can't submit through the app.
Constellation

It should be grayed out because the app is automatically pulling the info in for you from your phone. Does it not show you not see the Imei and Mac address in light gray type on the screen? Did you allow the app to do this when it asked for permission?
Astronaut

Filled out all details on Note 8 from the app, added capture of the receipt. IMEI and MAC address were pulled from the phone correctly by the app. When I click "submit", the app just shows spinning progress indicator for the past 10 minutes and does nothing else.

Astronaut

I had the same problem.  I decided to restart the phone (since it has just populated with all my apps from my old phone, I thought that might have caused some issues).  After restart, I went back into the Shop app, filled in the missing info on the registration, and it went through quickly when submitted.

So it's worth a shot to restart the phone and try submitting again through the app.