Note 9 Preorder

Constellation

Note 9 Preorder

I fail to understand how the preorder system could fail so hard. Guaranteed shipment by 8/24 was pushed back to 8/26 then 9/2 then 9/9 today they tell me it could be as long as October 21st and that my order was stuck in their system. Either the person on the phone today lied or every previous support person lied. I'm not even sure I want the phone anymore, the customer service I've received is terrible and now I'm told they are escalating the issue to get it shipped out but it is probably another method to just get me off the phone so they can push the date again and again. "Guaranteed" literally means nothing to these people. I've got an S7 on it's last leg and if it does before I get this phone I'm cancelling this order and never buying a single Samsung product again. It's one thing to have an item back ordered it's another to hear it's coming next week every week for a month just to hear it could be an additional month and a half.

3 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Preorder

I totally understand your frustration. I posted on Social Media asking if anyone knew of this issue. The next day I opened my EMail and there was a message from Samsung stating my phone was on it's way. It arrived today.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I pre-ordered the Galaxy Note 9, I called, and they told me that the phone is out of stock! It's really not cool since people who spend 'pre-orders' should be satisfied the day of the release of the product or else, it does not make any sense.

CommBank GEICO Chase Online

Constellation

I started ordering the Note 9 from Samsung on Sep 3rd with Verizon Financing. It wouldnt go through because Samsung doesnt ship to a PO Box but it wouldnt let me change my shipping address. I called Samsung and they said that I would have to change my billing address with Verizon and wait 24 hours for it to update in the Samsung system to complete my order. I immediately called Verizon and changed my billing address. Two days later it still wasnt changed with Samsung. I called Samsung and they told me that the Carrier Financing site was down and they didnt know when it would be back up. The only choice they gave me was to use Samsung Financing. I looked again on Sep 6th and it still was not changed, so I deleted my cart and created another Samsung account and logged back in. It let me place my order and I had an Expected Delivery Date of 12 Sep. On Sep 10th, I called Samsung because my order had not shipped yet. I was told that the Expected Delivery Date is just an estimated date. I asked when my phone would ship and they could not tell me. He offered to escalate my problem to quote "The people who can fix this issue". He also told me that Verizon Wireless had approved the financing but he couldnt tell me anymore. I called Verizon yesterday and they said they had not received a request for a payment plan from Samsung on my account. I called Samsung back this morning and they still could not tell me when I would receive my phone. I mentioned that I spoke to Verizon Wireless and the Samsung customer service person acted like they had no clue. After a very lengthy one way conversation with me doing all the talking I was told that I could wait until the end of the week and see if it ships or I could cancel my order. I started looking through comments on this community and I was glad to see I am not the only one having this issue. I saw you had preordered the Note 9 back in August and you was recently told you wouldnt get yours until October. I asked them if that was true with my order and they couldnt tell me anything. I cancelled my order and ordered the same phone through Best Buy this morning. I only got the single wireless charging stand instead of the duo for free, buy my phone has already shipped and is scheduled to be in my hand tomorrow with a $150 Best Buy gift card. This is my first experience with dealing with Samsung customer service and it has been a disaster. I was considering not even getting a Samsung phone anymore, but fortunately the phone quality is better than the customer service quality.