S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Constellation

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

I also got hit by this scam.

I was informed that my  spotless S5 "did not meet specifications"

After consulting an attorney, I have written to ask them to return the phone since it has a value of $0 to Samsung but has a higher value on the open market. I have stated that f they do not return the phone, they are agreeing to $125 credit toward my account. 

My attorney has advised me that if they do not return the phone and attempt to charge my credit card, I can decline the charge as attempted credit card fraud.

I  am also reporting this to my state Attorney General's office

Constellation

Sorry for opening an old thread, but any opinions on if this much damage to the charger area will be considered "Normal wear and tear" or am I better off selling the phone?  The phone is in pristine condition other than the charger area.

Currently debating on whether or not to turn in my S7, and found this thread while looking for return instructions. Reading all this had got me a bit scared, my phone can definitely get atleast $200 if I sold it myself. But $300 from samsung... if I can get that, I'd be really happy.

Attachments

Astronaut

I shipped my S7 in perfect condition and was able to receive my S8 for the tradein program; I'm a Verizon customer and there was no problem.
Constellation

i am having the same isssue did they resolve your problem...?

Constellation

I can second this. I traded in a flawless LG G6. Only to get a generic email saying that the phone did not turn on and it did not meet the condition requirements. So instead of $300 ... they gave me $25. 

Samsung provided ZERO proof of this only a generic rejection letter with zero images. Then they place the burden of proof on ME stating that I need to provide images of the phone to them in working order. The reps will blindly quote policy and offer no real solution when I had the adacity to ask for my "broken" phone back. They claim it is impossible. I mean they stole my phone... oh wait they 'honored' the deal by giving me $25 and now charging me full retail for the phone. 

I guess this is how they are recoving money from the Note 7... never again Samsung. 

Astronaut

I agree, complete scam!  I sent in my S5 and got an email back about a month later indicating that my phone did not meet their criteria for "Normal Wear & Tear" and they billed me for another $125.  The phone was 100% in perfect condition.  It was in an otterbox during its entire life.  I have called 4 times  and every time my complaint gets "Escalated"  and then nothing ever happens.  The only thing more frustrating than getting scammed with this trade-in-deal is having to keep calling their support line and getting the ABSOLUTE RUN AROUND.  They know what they are doing, and I swear their marching orders are to continue to stall until they wear me down!    

Constellation

Same thing with me. I wasn't even in the market for a new phone but the Groupon deal was too good to pass up. So, now it has cost me more than the S8 would have cost me new at Costco AND they have my S6. I am furious!! I'm looking for a class action suit. Hope someone starts one. 

Constellation

Same things here. I sent them my "like new"condition phone and was charged $175. 

Let's start class action suit against Samsung's Scam. It is worth to fight and stop them from the taking advantage of us.

Has anyone had original "Trade in Terms" agreement from June-July of this year?

Astronaut

It seems that not sending a return label has become quite a problem for samscum. I myself ordered a tablet for my grand-daughter and found out later that day her mother was buying her one. I immediately called samscum and cancelled the order. Well they still sent it to me. I called and told them I had cancelled the order. I was told to seal the box and put the return label on it. LOL You guessed it. No return label. So after another call they said to use the label on there and give it to UPS and hopefully it would make it back to the warehouse. It didn't. surprised right. NOT!! A month later I get my bill and on cue the tab charge is there. Reason? They said it couldn't be found. So I called and raised holy hell. By the time I was done they credited me my money back and credited me for something I wasn't even aware of and took $50 off my bill on top of it. So it's possible to get these things fixed. you just have to know how to talk "Green" LOL and how much they can lose. I have a huge family called the U.S. Army as well as many friends in the U.S. Marine Corp. If they all up and switched to the IPhone as well as all the bad publicity they would receive I'm pretty sure it would make a dent in the pocket fat, rich guy at the top, not to mention his share holders. Well I hope I dropped some hints in my long winded response and good luck to you all in your future endeavors. God Speed. retired U.S. Army special forces Staff Sergeant T.A.Donaldson.
Not applicable

Wow! I am about to send in my trade-in and see this thread. I did not receice a return label either. If my trade-in got screwed up, I would definitely stop buying anything from them. Hope those who got screwed up could get their money back.