S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

you should have a email (the one you regjstered when applied for the trade in) from samsung with the shipping label or return shiping label. otherwise install on your phone samsung shop or open your samsung account in a personal computer and go to orders and find the link that says return, you should have an option that says Return Shiping label
Astronaut

9 9.000s p

Snapchat-1108927712.jpgUploaded from community android app.

Has anyone had any success having the charge stopped or refunded?
Constellation

Same here.  Sent in a fully functional Note 5 with normal wear and got zero credit.   If you give someone an opportunity to take advantage of you...

Astronaut

Same exact situation for me. I traded in a fully functioning Galaxy S7. Absolutely no damage to the phone other than microscratches (aka normal wear and tear). I was offered $400 for the phone. Got an email about a month later saying my phone was not accepted and will be charged back $375, so they're only giving me $25 for a fully functioning S7 in great condition. What's worse is I can't dispute this with my credit card company because I'm financing it through Samsung's financing plan. When I attempted to dispute with them, they told me I can't and can only dispute with Samsung (which I'm also trying to do). I've called back to Samsung 3 times now for an update on my dispute ticket with no feedback.

This is a huge scam that there is no way out of. From a simple Google search, Samsung is scamming thousands of people out of thier pefectly good phones. I plan on filing a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Comission (FTC) and I strongly suggest everyone involved to do the same.

Astronaut

I would say don't risk it honestly. I just got the notification that they want to charge me because my phone didn't have "normal wear and tear" which is complete BS because it was in pristine condition. the odds are all stacked in their favor, you will get charged and not get your trade-in back if you send it. Just sell it on the secondary market. in addition, consider buying a phone some other reputable manufacturer. I have had every note since the first one (with the exception of the note 7 fiasco) and i've had several other samsung phones before I switched to the note series. This will be my last!
Astronaut

5. Device Eligibility Requirements

You may trade in only one (1) device under this Trade-In Program for each New Samsung Device you purchase. Device model eligibility (for both the Trade-in Device and the device being purchased) and Trade-In Value are determined by Samsung in its sole discretion and may vary depending on the time of purchase. Please refer to our website for the most up to date information on eligible devices and Trade-In value. Your Trade-In Device must meet all of the requirements stated in this Section 5 (“Device Eligibility Requirements”), as determined by Samsung in its sole judgment:

a) Your Trade-In Device must power on and holda charge;

b) Your Trade-In Device must have a functioning display;

c) Unless a Cracked Screen Offer applies under Section 6 below, your Trade-In Device must have no breaks or cracks in the screen or case, or other visible defects that go beyond normal wear and tear;

d) Your Trade-In Device must not be on a black list of any kind.

e) At the time of trade-in, you must be the owner of the Trade-In Device, leased devices are not eligible;

f) Reactivation Lock, Google Factory Reset Protection, or any other anti-theft locking software must be disabled on your Trade-In Device;

g) Before sending your Trade-In Device to Samsung, you must perform a factory reset on it and remove all personal information (as described in Section 3 above); and

h) Your Trade-In Device must be labeled with an FCC ID to show that it is certified for use in the United States under applicable FCC regulations. The FCC ID number can usually be found printed somewhere on the mobile device. Sometimes it may be necessary to remove the battery pack to find the number. The FCC ID number can also be found in the user manual for each device.
Asteroid

I sent in a S7 Edge with no damage. I've been fighting with Samsung over this fact. They claim housing damage and refuse to provide any proof of this. I cannot believe a business that last year alone profited 8.7bill would be so petty to steal from their customers. I've informed them that our business will no longer be purchasing from Samsung. I'd recommend contacting your bank and informing them of what is going on.

Constellation

One more unhappy trade-in customer here.

I was charged $375 for a beautiful, fully functional, fully reset S7...

Unless this is resolved promptly - Samsung - you have just lost another loyal customer...

PS: I went through Note2, Note 3, S6 (meh), S7 (beautiful), now Note8 (not that great). Plus a ultra-meh Ativ 9 Spin.

Constellation

Community - let us make a website warning about this malpractice.