S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Constellation

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Class Action is the way to go. Why, Samsung?
Asteroid

Because they honestly do not care as long as they are profiting. 

Constellation

I traded in a phone in August 2017 and was accepted with a discount of $150. Fast forward SIX months and they charge my account $125.  No notice or explanation.   I contact customer service and they explain this is usual policy for Samsung and I have no recourse in the matter.  This is a complete scam.  

Constellation

I think you helped me dodge a bullet! No way am I going to go this route. Thanks!

Constellation

Looks like all these people have sent you phones that followed the guidelines, it looks like this is a scam. Too bad because I was going to purchase a new phone through you. Why so much dishonesty!?
Cosmic Ray

Ordered a Galaxy S8 via trade in mid December. Paid $377 and traded in perfectly good Galaxy S7 for $400 credit. Took pictures before shipping in case of damage in transit. They later charged my credit card an additional $375 In January stating the phone I sent in did not meet their "normal wear and tear" requirements. Called to dispute the very same day I was charged, sent photos,  no response other than they are still looking into it. Called again today. still no movement. 

Constellation

Same boat here, sent my s7 edge in on december and now they charge me $375. About to call them tmr but look likes im going to get same answer like yours. The worst thing is I'm using their financial bank. This is so fk up!

Cosmic Ray

I paid the initial charge of $377 via credit card. They then hit me with the other $375 to the same card. I've already started a claim to dispute the charges with my credit card company as well. Still no word from samsung. even with having the pictures.

Cosmic Ray

Fight it! I just did and they are refunding me the $175 they charged my TD account. I took photos and videos of my phone before I sent it in, they initally accepted it, then 3 weeks later said it had excessive wear and tear. I sent them the photos and they said they made a mistake it wasn't wear and tear it was water damage.  I filed a complaint with the California AG and BBB and Samsung backed down. They only do this because people don't fight it, if enough did they would rethink it.

Cosmic Ray

Just noticed refund of $375 on my credit card. Posted on Friday. Not sure if Samsung credited me or if my card did because I was disputing it on both fronts and did receive a call on Thursday from credit card company asking for more information. Either way, my fight is finally over and actually landed in my favor!