S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

Astronaut

Re: S8+ Trade-in Program is a Scam

What did you say to the credit card company to dispute the charges? I am see through this thread that I have no hope with Samsung. I got the "Normal wear and tear" email also
Cosmic Ray

I didn't dispute the charge because it's financed through TD bank and I read that they will just restore the charge. I established an email trail of communication with Samsung, sent them photos of the phone and a video showing it was operational.  At that point they said they had made a mistake and it wasn't 'wear and tear' it was water damage. After that I filed a complaint with the BBB and the California Attorney General, about a week later I got an email from Samsung stating they would credit my account with the $175 they had charged me.  They know they're wrong they couldn't get away with this if everybody raised holy heck and followed through with complaints but I'm sure most people just don't bother so it encourages this kind of criminal conduct

Cosmic Ray

I explained to cc exactly what the agreement was, I pay $400 and ship them my working phone for $400 credit. They then charged my card an additional $375 only giving me $25 for my trade-in phone that was  in perfect working condition. I printed and mailed cc all the email correspondence I had with samsung reps along with the pictures of the phone that I took before packaging and shipping trade-in phone. I had opened dispute with both samsung and cc company as of right now, I'm not sure which is responsible for returning my money.

Constellation

How did your situation turn out? They claimed they didn't receive mine and I have Fed Ex and Samsung documentation confirming receipt. I have disputed credit card charge I am getting super frustrated, I have proof the phone works too. 

Please let me know. This is unfair. 

Constellation

I am in, I am not sure how you do something like that. 

Constellation

Please let us know how it turns out. I am in the same situation. 

Cosmic Ray

Start the process with Samsung, get them to issue you a case #. I prefer to communicate with them via email so that I have a record of every lie they have told me.  After they kiss you off a few times, file a complaint with BBB, they seem to do whatever is necessary not to jeopardize their AAA rating- and contact your state attorney general, or if they have an agency specifically dealing with consumer issues file a complaint with them .  Advise Samsung of who you notified, within a week of filing both complaints they credited my TD account with the $175 they had stolen  from me.

Constellation

Thank you very much!! I have so many emails it isn't funny. I am talking to the "Presidents" office now, what a joke. It is the standard broken language and form letter format. I have also sent an email to their ethics office and no reply. When you did the trade in program, were you supposed to get 175 or was that amount downgraded? As I read some of the posts people are being downgraded their refunds. If I have to go in the fight, they are messing with the wrong headstrong veteran. I will do whatever it takes to get my $400 back, I can't afford it and I will share the information with every military person I know and veterans to save people the trouble. NEVER AGAIN! But now I am on a mission.

Cosmic Ray

The deal was a $200 trade in for my S6, at first they accepted it, then a month later said that they would only give me $25 for it.  I asked why, they said "excess wear and tear" I emailed them photos and a video of the phone showing that it was in perfect condition, at that point they said they had made a mistake, it actually wasn't rejected for wear and tear, it was for water damage. I sent them the text from the terms of the deal which did not list water damage and I told them that in any case there was no water damage.  Then they just tried to stall me, thinking I would give up, that's when I filed a complaint with BBB and the California AG's office.  A week later the $175 was credited to my TD account.  One thing for sure, I will never, ever buy another Samsung phone there is no reason for such a large and rich company to resort to cheating it's customers.

Cosmic Ray

As of now, my dispute is still active both with Samsung Direct and my credit card company. My credit card company (Chase) has refunded the payment and interest while I fight this. Last communication I had was with a woman at samsung who asked for me to send in pictures for a 3rd time and she said she is requesting photo proof from the warehouse of my phone with reported housing damage.